• Chapter 20 (Season 2) •

After the whole accident, everyone still didn't know what happened to the tall blonde while the others had assumed that someone must've attacked him.

Today is the last day in Tokyo. You were arranging your things in your weekender bag while your cousin is talking to someone outside the room.

Suddenly, your phone vibrated beside you as you picked it up and saw a message with an unknown contact number.

(???: Hey, look outside your window)

"Huh?" you tilted your head and wondered, putting your phone in your pocket then looking outside from the window.

It was Kuroo, smiling at you and waved his hand.

You felt bad that you rejected his confession, but it was the right decision for you.

Then your phone vibrated again as you receive another message from the rooster head.

(Kuroo: Can I talk to you?)

You weren't sure if you wanna talk to him after rejecting his confession, but today is your last day being in Tokyo and maybe the two of you won't get to talk each other again.

(Y/N: Sure, wait for me there.)

You replied back and walked out of the room, asking permission to your cousin before going downstairs.

After a few more steps, you saw the rooster head leaning underneath the tree and looking to his phone then he noticed you later on.

"(Y/N)!" he smiled at you once again and putting his phone in his pocket, as if he had done nothing on the night where he was with Tsukishima.

"What is it?" you walk up to him with your arms crossed to your chest.

"Well, I just wanna say thank you" you then raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"For what?" you asked, tilting your head at him.

"You know.. For being my friend" he shyly replied while scratching his cheek.

"No problem, I'm glad though" you smiled nervously at him. Then he suddenly burst out of laughter in front of you.

"Sorry for that, it's just funny that this is the second time that I got rejected" he wiped the tears that was coming out from his eyes.

You didn't know what to react, if you should be sad or happy about him.

"Who was the other one then?" you questioned him softly.

He smiled again then patted your head gently, his eyes were locked into yours.

"You don't need to know, and by the way-"

"I should get going now, we'll be going home in a minute" you cut him off without letting him finish his words first.

He nodded to your agreement and was about to walk off to him, but he stopped you as he asked the last question.

"Do you like Tsukishima?"

That made you stop walking, then your heart started to beats faster again.

You gripped the clothing from your chest, biting your inner cheeks.

"Maybe I do." you smiled to the rooster head while his eyes widened, smiling as well as he let you go in his heart for your happiness.

You left him standing underneath the tree as he stares at you walking off from his sight.

He looked down to his right gripping hand, as he opened it with a necklace charm on it.