Chapter Three

Matthias' PoV

I kept running. I heard the third canon and I knew who it was. I didn't want to be the next to go. I could feel the tears making their way down my face. Why did I lose her? Nether of us were prepared for this. We didn't have any weapons or food. These people just came out of no where and attacked us. There were five of them that I could see. I was never a star at runner. They would catch up instantly. To the right of me, I heard leaves moving. Someone from the team was probably going to flank me. I went left, hoping to avoid them. Someone jumped out of the leaves; two people actually. I stopped in my tracks.

"Mitch, help me," he yelled, dragging the woman behind him. The person who's name was Mitch looked up. He held the baseball bat and tried to look tough. I could see the fear in his eyes though. Someone else walked forward and grabbed the collar of my shirt. He threw me in front of the scared man.

"Human shield, Adam," the guy that picked me up said. I looked at him. Were people seriously willing to kill others for this? I was being used as a human shield at the moment. That wasn't good in my book. Just then someone else ran through the trees and made it to the clearing we were in. I was terrified and I could tell some of the others were. The man who had grabbed me earlier had a calm look on his face. Fear didn't show in his eyes. He held an axe in his hands and I could tell he wasn't afraid to use it. A smile was plastered on the new person's face. They ran forwards in one swift motion. Adam dropped me and I stayed down. I could see the gleam of the knife they held. The person didn't pay me any attention. They jumped up and grabbed Mitch; shoving the knife into arm. They grabbed the knife out of his arm and pounced on another. The person fell to he ground as the other landed on him.

"Mitch," someone screamed as they ran over to him. The other person had stopped. He just sat their. He sat on the younger man's chest. Slowly he got off of him and looked around. The man with the axe jumped forwards at him, the axe raised. The other guy just ran. He took off in the other direction.

"Ian, don't. That was Seto. He's here," someone said. They had dark brown hair and green headphones around his neck. He had a pained expression on his face. It wasn't one of physical pain. It was mental pain. That person that he called Seto, was someone he knew. Seto had just stabbed his friend. Why was all of this happening? What was this world or reality coming to?

"You," the person said, pointing at me. "What the fuck? This is your god damn fault. If you wouldn't have tried to attack us, we would have been away from this clearing." The guy's voice was terrifying. He started walking closer to me, still pointing a finger. His eyes burned with hatred and anger. I assume this had nothing to do with me. He was probably mad because of Seto.

"Quentin, it's not his fault. Let's just finish what we started," Mitch said. The person next to Mitch was just starring at him. "Jerome, I'll be fine. You don't have to do this." Jerome shook his head.

"You're going to be fine, Mitch. The bleeding will stop soon and you'll be good as new," Jerome said. Tears were slowly running down his face. Mitch's hurt arm was in his hand. The area around the cut was red with blood and from the tightness of Jerome's grip. Everyone's attention was on Jerome. I knew I should run. I just couldn't. None of them had a gun, but I knew Mitch would kill me. I just had the feeling he would. I stayed where I was. The two people still stood over me. They hadn't talked since they had gotten here.

"Guys. We need to address a much more important subject. We have to figure out what to do with him," Mitch said, pointing at me.

"You could just let me go," I said quietly. Now all of them were staring at me.

"Adam, grab hold of him." The guy above me, Adam, grabbed my arm. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't going to be able to get out of this. I couldn't fight back because I didn't have any weapons. They would overpower me anyway. I wished Amanda was still here. She would make everything better. I saw a glint out of the corner of my eye, and turned so I could see it better.

"Is that a ring? Are you two married?" I asked. I felt this subject was too touchy, but I continued talking. "I was married too." I held up my hand and showed my ring.

"It's not your business, but yes. Where the hell is your wife?" Adam demanded. I felt the tears escaping my eyes. I couldn't help it. I cried. I was probably older than all of these people, and I was crying. None of them laughed, but I figured they didn't show sympathy. I pointed in the direction of Amanda as more tears ran down my face. Adam looked in the direction I pointed and walked over to her body. He had dropped me. I didn't feel like running. I just cried. It was a stupid and childish thing to do, but I did it.

"You killed a person. A person who had done nothing to you?" Adam's wife said. Her eyes were glistening and she was staring at them. No one responded for a while. Then someone finally spoke up.

"They tried to attack us. They ambushed us," Ian yelled. I looked at him in disbelief.

"We attacked you? Seriously? We were running for our lives and you stumbled upon us. You killed Amanda and then blame us? It's your god damn fault. You're a liar and a bastard," I shouted as loud as I could. I wanted to stand and punch them all, take them out. Just as I was about to stand, something happened. Mitch fell. He just passed out right then and there. Jerome instantly dropped to his knees and tried to help. This was going to be a long day.