Chapter Fourteen

Delirious's PoV

Someone ran out from the woods. Daithi pulled out the gun, aiming it at him.

"Luke," I scream, running forwards and bringing him into a hug. He hesitates for a second before wrapping his arms around me.

"Jonathan?" he asks, almost surprised. "Isn't that Vanoss over there?"

"Yeah," I say, nodding.

"It's great to see you all, but we need to run," Luke says, pulling me. We break into a run. I hear footsteps behind me. A gun goes off and people start screaming. Someone says we need to speed up. Luke runs faster, pulling me with him. I realize his hand is clutched tightly to mine. Evan tells everyone to split up, so we do. Luke's hand leaves mine as I'm thrown to the ground. Everyone else is already lost in the trees.

"Were all of those people in your group?" he questions. His ginger hair falls around his face in curly locks. I nod, not being able to say anything. "Will they look for you?" I shrug.

"I don't know," I say. A sharp object presses into my face, and I feel my blood leak down my face.

"Will they look for you?" he shouts.

"I don't know. Honestly." He cusses as he stands up. He pulls me to my feet and walks off. He stays behind me, pushing me forwards. We stop...on a bridge. About one hundred feet down, a body of water.

"I'm winning this fight, and I'm not letting people like you get in my way," he says.

"I'm not getting in the way. I don't know what this place is. I don't understand any of this." He rolls his eyes and leans me against the railing.

"Say goodbye," he says, pushing me. I clutch onto his hand pulling him over the bridge with me. He grabs onto the railing, keeping both of us up. He shakes his leg, trying to get me off. "Get off of me," he growls. I can feel my grip loosening on his jeans.

"Help," I scream. He kicks me with the foot I'm not holding onto.

"Get off," he says. I hear footsteps. I reach a hand up and grab onto his belt. He kicks around, trying to shake me off.

"Jonathan?"

"Luke?" I scream back. His head peaks over the edge. He pushes the guys head down and reaches for me. But he can't reach because I'm too far away. And then, I'm falling.