Chapter Fifteen

Minx's PoV

The sound seemed to shake the hills. People started yelling. I looked down to see Mark...alive? He stared at the gun in his hand. He pulled the trigger again but nothing happened. He threw it down in anger and another shot went off. Everyone was shouting by this point. I looked around and saw what was causing the commotion.

"What happened?" I yelled, looking at the two bodies on the ground. One of the new people, Vik, was lying on the ground. A pool of blood surrounded him. All the new ones were crying. But what had the second shot meant? Weren't there five of them? Another one, Harry, sat up against a tree. He was still breathing and his friends were trying to help. The bullet was so close to his heart that I knew he wouldn't survive.

"They were shot," one of them yelled, tears dropping off their face.

"It came from over there," Aaron shouted, pointing his gun in the direction. I grabbed Mark and pulled him up. We took off running towards the people. We broke through the trees and saw the people had already taken off. I take off after them and everyone else follows. The new people decided to stay behind with the hostages, Anthony, and Steven.

The people up ahead were yelling things at each other as Aaron fired off a shot. Several seconds later, they scattered. I knew it was a stupid idea, but we went after them. I grabbed the knife from my boot and ran after one of them. Everyone else chose a person to chase. Hopefully we'd have these fuckers dead in no time.