Chapter Eight

Chilled's PoV

I was terrified. I didn't want to go with the new guy. I knew that I was a person they could afford to lose. I wasn't doing them any good. So, I volunteered myself. I followed him out into the woods to what could have been my death bed. I had a knife as a weapon, and that was it. Ty called his friends' names twice before I had to silence him. I pushed him forwards once more and fell to the ground.

"Stop. Put your hands up," someone yelled before multiple people hurried out of the woods. I put my hands up and stood there. Someone grabbed the knife from my hand and threw it at the ground. Someone pulled Ty up and he quickly jumped over to me. He pleaded with them, saying that he needed the group to come back to mine. The leader, Adam, grabbed my hand and gave my weapon back. That's when I grabbed his. In an instant I had it pointed at him and I was calling for my friends.

"I have a whole group coming here. Drop your weapons and no one gets hurt." Three people farther back dropped their weapons and got down. I heard footsteps before my friends emerged from the woods. Adam shouted something and everyone got down. I pocketed their leader's weapon and walked up to my group. Everyone but Adam and I went around and took weapons. This one guy reached for Minx's gun. She instantly turned and shot him. Her eyes widened and she stepped back. I looked at her, her face had instantly paled and she looked like she was going to puke. Then she took off into the woods, Krism right behind her. Max looked over at us and took off after them too. Now, four of us remained; Adam, Ze, Aaron, and me. Ty glared at me. I could see he was mad at me. He'd saved me from them and then this happened. I took a deep breath and looked at Adam.

"We've got to do something. They could kill us right now," I said.

"I don't know. I'm not the one that thought of this genius idea or shot someone in the face. Why are you guys expecting me to be the leader?" Adam yelled at me. "I don't know what I'm suppose to do. You realize that Cathy isn't here, right? My girlfriend isn't here-"

"Neither is mine. Do you see anyone's here other than Minx? I'm sure everyone else is upset, but no one else is complaining. We're all going through shit, but just shut up. Not everything is affecting you," I yelled, interrupting him. I looked around and saw everyone staring at us. Once I make eye contact with them, they would almost instantly lower their heads. I started walking away from Adam. I didn't know where I was going, I just wanted away from Adam. I heard pounding footsteps behind me, and when I looked I saw Adam. He jumped onto me, taking me to the ground. He wrapped his hands around my throat. "Adam," I croaked, trying to push him off. His grip was tight around my throat and soon I had problems breathing. At this point, I was kicking and thrashing; trying to get away from him.

"Adam, get off him," Aaron shouted. I heard him running over to us. He grabbed Adam and pulled him back. But Adam didn't move. He raised his fist and punched Aaron straight in the nose. I sucked in air and grabbed Adam's other hand. Now both hands were off my throat. I made a fist and punched him in the neck. Adam fell off me holding his throat. I got up and grabbed Aaron. His nose was bleeding and he looked dazed; almost unconscious. I pulled him away from Adam and looked at the others. Everyone was on the ground, including someone who wasn't supposed to be. Ze was pinned on the ground, one of the other people on him.

"Get the fuck off Ze," I yelled, running towards them. I pulled out a gun I had gotten off of one of them and pointed it at him. He grabbed my wrist and flicked his. I let out a scream of pain and dropped the gun. He grabbed it and pointed it at me. "Please, just let him go. Don't hurt him."

"Why wouldn't I kill him? You killed my friend," the guy said, mentioning the person Minx had shot.

"That wasn't me. That was Minx. Just kill me, leave him alone," I said, dropping to my knees. He shrugged and aimed the gun at me. I closed my eyes and waited. The trigger was pulled, but I didn't feel pain. I opened my eyes and saw Ze. He lay on the ground with his hands over his stomach. Blood was covering them and I knew what had happened. I fell down and hugged him. "It's okay, Steven. You're going to survive. Come on, buddy," I said, pulling his hands away. The bullet had gone through him completely; cutting through his stomach. That's how I knew he was gone. I looked around me, my eyes begging for help. No one was there though. All of Ty's friends were gone, including him. Aaron was laying against a tree, trying to stop the bleeding. Adam was laying on the ground, either unconscious or thinking.