Chapter Twelve

VanossGaming's PoV

We were running. Tyler, Nogla, Lui, Delirious, and Mini ran behind me. Moo and Terrorizer were gone. Three people were chasing us. We had all been woken up by screams. We were supposed to be taking shifts over night, two people at a time. The two on guard had fallen asleep. Now they were gone. Everyone had run. They were still following us. We could hear their footsteps, their breathing, their talking. Our group didn't have much. Tyler and Delirious had weapons. The rest of us had nothing. Tyler had a butcher knife, and Delirious had an axe. We had been running for what felt like forever. My legs were burning along with my lungs. I wanted to drop everything. I wanted this world to stop.

Then it did.
When someone screamed.

"Lui," Tyler screamed back at him. I wanted to look back, but I didn't. I just kept forward. "Evan, we have to grab him. We can't leave him back there," Tyler says, catching up to me.

"We can't go back," I say. Tyler glares at me before looking back. Instantly, he pukes.

"Evan," Tyler says. I ignore him. "Evan," he says, louder this time. "Evan!" he screams.

"What?" I yell back, my voice angry.

"They're fucking eating him," Tyler says. I look back. The three are hunched over Lui's body. He's not dead. He still screams and moves, but they don't care. Each one of them already has a knife shoved into him. His stomach's cut open, and his entrails spill out.

"I'm sorry, Lui," I mumble to myself before throwing up. We were all hungry. None of us had had food, let alone water for however long we'd been here. I just knew we'd never go to that. We would never eat someone like a fucking cannibal. I turned left, hoping to lose them. Finally, we heard sounds. Gunfire and screams. I stopped, everyone else followed.

"We've got to talk about that, Evan. We can't ignore it," Tyler says. I nod and hold up a hand to silence him. I peer out through the trees. A person goes down. Then another. Three people are running away from the battlefield. A group walks out from the forest. A group much larger than ours. A gun shot rings out and someone drops. I look over at our group. Tyler has a gun in his hand.

"Tyler, put that away. Where the hell did you even get that?" Mini comes up beside him, the butcher knife in his hand.

"Lui gave it to me right before he fell. Said he got it off of Bruce. Let's just call this revenge," Tyler says, his voice different.

"Those people didn't do anything to us. That's not revenge, that's a death sentence. You're gonna lead them right to us. Put that shit away," I say as quietly as I can. Tyler shakes his head and pulls the trigger again. Another person drops. People are screaming and trying to find us. I grab the gun in my hands and pull down. The gun easily leaves his hands.

"Give it back," Tyler screams. Mini slaps his hand over Tyler's mouth.

"You're going to get us killed. What if those people came back? Do you really want to take everyone down?" Tyler took Mini's hand off.

"Lui's dead and none of you fucking care. You don't understand that he was ripped to pieces. He's dead-" Tyler starts, but I cut him off.

"No, you don't understand. He's dead and killing others isn't going to solve anything. Anger makes you stupid. Stupid gets you killed. Except, your going to get everyone killed. You aren't going to solve anything by doing this."

"You don't fucking understand," he says, walking forward. He pushes me backwards. I hold the gun up as high as I can. I throw the gun to Daithi as the smaller man tries to fight me. He runs at Daithi, who is much taller than him. I turn around to check on the other people. But then a gun shot rings out. I face the others and see the three from earlier, back. One of them is laying on the ground, clutching their leg.

"Run," I shout. Everyone takes off running. I run in the back of the group. I'd kill myself to save these bastards.

Apparently, my legs agreed. My legs fell beneath me. I felt the two on me. There was no way they could still be hungry. They had just had a human for lunch.

"Evan," Delirious shouts.

"Run," I say, before screaming out in pain. A knife goes through my hand. I flip around, hitting one them in the head with my hand. These were fully grown men attacking people. I let out a whimpered breath as another knife goes into my leg. One of them are off of me. Then the other. I looked up to see Nogla and Tyler trying to keep the two people down. I pull myself up as fast as I can. The gun sits in Nogla's belt. I yank it out of the belt. Delirious snatches it out of my hands. He runs over to the other. One gun shot. Daithi stands up, wiping his face. Tyler stays on the other guy. His hands are wrapped around his neck.

"Tyler, you can get off him now," Daithi says. He doesn't move from his place. The smaller man struggles beneath him. We wait for Tyler to get off, but he doesn't. The man dies and Tyler keeps his hands on his throat.

"Tyler, he's dead," I say, pulling him off the person. He buries his face in my chest and starts to cry. "Hey, it's okay now."

"Fuck," a pause. "Put your hands up, drop your weapons." I turn to look. Daithi has the gun aimed at someone.

"Luke," someone screams, pulling him into a hug.

"Jonathan?" he asks, hugging him back. He looks around at everyone. He leans down and whispers something in Delirious's ear.

"It's great to see you all, but we need to run," Luke says. Delirious and him take off. Mini and Daithi follow. I looked back at the dead people. I start to run, taking Tyler with me. I heard footsteps behind us. We needed to speed up.

"Tyler, you've got to run. For Lui," I say. It seems to work. He starts running. We catch up to the others relatively easily. "David, shoot him."

"We used all the bullets." Of course we did. Because using two bullets on strangers was fun. Thanks Tyler. I hear more sounds. Okay, that's not one person. I look back. A big crowd of people are behind us. Maybe that's why Luke was running. A gun shot rang out and I know it's not one of ours.

"They have weapons," Mini shouts. "Speed up." The group pulls ahead a little more.

"We're going to have to split up," I yell. We count to 3 and our group scatters. I hated doing it, but we had a better chance this way. I ran off on my own, but I was sure I was followed.

I was.