Chapter 12

We are all sitting in the lounge room on the couches. I'm sitting on the big couch with Luke who is laying down with his head in my lap, asleep. Beau and jai are in the other chairs. We are watching some Christmas film. I just sit there thinking about Daniel. He hasn't texted me since he left. I'm kinda worried. I look down at Luke. He's so adorable. I run my fingers through his hair a few times and rub his cheek. I adore my little brothers. They are just so sweet. He looks so calm and peaceful. I get my phone out and take a picture of him and post it to twitter and instagram.

"isn't my little brother just the cutest?" I put with the picture.

I smile down at him. I look over at beau and Jai. They are just staring at the film. It's pretty late. Like midnight maybe.

"have you all talked to skip since he left?" I ask.

"he called me about an hour ago." beau says.

"about?" I ask.

"He was just upset about something. Not really my place to tell." beau says.

"but I'm his girl-" I cut myself off.

Jai looks at me quickly.

"huh?" beau says.

"I'm his girl best friend! You can tell me." I say .

"no I can't." beau says and looks back at the movie.

I roll my eyes. I sit there for awhile and start getting sleepy. I don't want to get up because it will wake Luke up. So I just fall asleep there.

The next morning I wake up from a scream. I lean up quickly. Luke is still asleep. I look up and see Jai hugging a woman. I rub my eyes. When they become unblurred, I realize who it is. I jump up, knocking Luke into the floor, and run to her.

"MUM!!" I scream and hug her.

"hey sweety!!" she says.

"what are you doing home?! You aren't suppose to be back for another month and a half!" I say.

"I wanted to come home for a bit and finish the other month and a half in about two weeks." she says. "I missed my babies!"

She says as she hugs me and jai both. I feel another pair of strong arms wrap around all of us. I look at the head beside me and see luke. I smile.

"mum!" I hear beau yell

At this point, we are all in a group hug. We all let go.

"Merry Christmas, babies." she says as she kisses each one of our cheeks.

"merry Christmas mum." we all say.

I'm so happy to have my mum back. I go grab my phone and call Daniel.

"hello?" I hear his morning voice. It's kinda hoarse too.

"hey, babe." I say after I'm alone in my room.

"hey." he says.

"what are you Doing?" I ask.

"sleeping."

"you didn't call or text me last night." I say.

"sorry." he says.

"my mum came home today! I was so excited to see her!" I say.

I hear him whimper.

"Daniel. Are you ok?" I ask concerned.

He pauses.

"yes." he says with a weak voice.

"Daniel. I'm worried. Are you sure you're fine?" I ask.

He doesn't answer.