Chapter 10

Ahsoka walked to the back of the ship, trying her best to ignore the threating conversation she just knew Fives was giving Nyx.

She sighed as she slumped to the floor. Crossing her legs and placing her palms on her knees.

Somewhere in her mind she knew it really wasn't the best time to try to reconnect with the force, but another just said fuck it as she closed her eyes and let out a deep breath.

Rex stood in the doorway and knocked quietly.

"Meditating?"

Ahsoka chuckled softly and opened her eyes. 

"Not really. More like blowing off steam in a less destructive way."

Rex shook his head with a laugh as he walked over to her and sat down across from her. 

"How have you been?" He asked with a soft smile. 

Ahsoka's face softened slightly and she raised an eyemarking.

"I would say better-"

"Then why not say better?" 

"Because-"

Ahsoka sighed and held up her hands to him. 

"The dark side- it leaves a mark.... No matter how hard you can try to make it disappear from you. I'm marked- in a way." 

Rex smiled and took her hand.

"I don't care if you are marked... You are still perfectly perfect to the rest of us." 

Ahsoka smiled.

"I really missed you guys..."

"We've missed you as well..." 

"How is the order- Anakin and Obi Wan?" 

Rex let out a short laugh.

"Kenobi is fine. And Skywalker finally got that promotion-" He snapped his fingers in an attempt to remember.

"The rank of master?" Ahsoka laughed.

"Yeah! That one!!" 

She shook her head.

"Well I'm glad the order was able to fix a few things.." 

"Yes well- the order maybe. But this whole, new order thing is-"

"Strange?"

Rex nodded.

Ahsoka sighed.

"I have a fear that the people are right about all of this Rex..." 

"What do you mean-?"

"The people want stability. Not some wannabe Empire that is taking control of everything that it can!" 

"This wannabe Empire that you speak of, treats me like a human being. Not a weapon." 

"And as good as that is. They are treating the worlds like bargaining chips- If they could let the people to themselves and their own governments then-"

"Then what? Slavery would be installed again as well as corrupt monarchies!?"

Ahsoka sighed. 

"Rex I don't want to fight over this... I've stated my side and you have stated yours. Now- agree to disagree." 

Rex smirked lightly at the old line.