Chapter 15

Ahsoka ran as fast as she could. 

There he stood, on the building, his hand outstretched to her direction. His eyes shiny from the light of the sky.

Her master..

Her skyguy..

A hand reaching down to her from that small and dark hatch...

A young, deep, and caring voice...

"What's your name little one?" 

"Anakin!" She exclaimed with a sigh of relief as she crashed into him with a hug.

"Ahsoka... my name is Ahsoka Tano.."

"Ahsoka-" Anakin let out a deep breath of relief, pulling her close to him in his arms, hugging her as tight as he could. Without hurting her of course.

Ahsoka could feel a few tears spring up in the corner of her eyes, she tried her best to contain them... 

Up until she felt the wetness of Anakin's tears on the top of her Montrals. He pulled Ahsoka's head to his chest, wrapping an arm around the back of her head protectively as he sobbed quietly.

"Y-You're safe-" 

Ahsoka swore her heart broke even more than it already had as a strangled sob escaped her lips. Holding her arms around his back she pressed her face into his Jedi robes, inhaling deeply as she took in the scent that always made her feel safe..

That always felt like home...

"I-I'm safe..." She said softly into his chest.

They stayed there for a moment... 

After all those months. 

Finally...

Anakin, after so much built up stress, worrying over Padme, worrying over his unborn children...

Worrying over his child here in his arms now.

He patiently stroked her montrals, waiting for her own crying to subside as her own walls came crumbling down. Flooding their bond with all the feelings she had been keeping from him.

Loneliness..

Pain...

Relief...

Happiness...

Hope.

Ahsoka quietly broke the embrace, letting Anakin take a moment to examine her as she did the same to him, quickly wiping the tears from under her eyes, hoping to force that Nyx hadn't seen her just break down like a child just then. 

"You got taller.." Anakin said with a smile.

While this might have been true. Ahsoka was short, and still had to look up to the Jedi Master.