Chapter 20

Emma sat in front of Sasha's grave, she sat criss-cross and picked at the grass underneath her legs. She smiled and went on and on about what has been happening the past few days, nothing much but just enough to fill her in. She came here every day to fill her in because it was better than not filling her in at all.

" What are you doing here? " Jean had approached Emma who sat talking to herself in front of her best friend's headstone. " I'm, filling her in. " Jean sat beside her, he set down the small rose on her grave and looked over at Emma. " She's gone, Emma. " Emma looked over at Jean, she sniffled and rubbed her nose. " I know, it just makes me feel better. I come here every day. "  Jean blinked and adjusted his shirt. " Do you remember, back at the training corps when you, Sasha, and Connie tried to convince me to go steal some meat from the higher-ups with you guys, saying you needed a lookout? " Jean cracked a smile, a small laugh leaving his mouth. " We got caught anyway. "

" And we had to run laps every day for hours on end, yeah I remember. " Emma finished, she chuckled and ran her hands over her pants. " I miss her. " Jean wrapped his arm around Emma to side hug her. She smiled and leaned into his body. " I miss her too. "

" I guess this wasn't my only idea. " The two both jumped and looked behind them to find Connie standing tall with a bouquet of flowers. " Care to join us? " Emma said, Connie cracked a smile and walked over to sit beside Emma so she was sandwiched between her two male best friends. " Remember during the battle of Trost when she actually did steal the meat, she offered to share it with everyone when everything was over? "

" That never did happen, did it? " Connie ser the bouquet on her headstone. " No. " He looked down at his lap and began picking at the grass. " I fell in love with her guys. " Both Jean and Emma looked over at Connie, he sniffled and a small tear fell down his left cheek. " I wanted to tell her after everything was over but I never got the chance. " Emma's eyes fell, she looked down at her lap and fiddled with a loose string on her shirt.

" I can see it. You two, together. " Jean had admitted, his lips lifted just a bit.

" I'm pregnant. "

Both Jean and Connie stopped talking, their eyes widened. " You're kidding. " Connie gasped, Emma's lips lifted. " No, I'm not. " Jean laughed, hugging her tighter. Connie laughed as well, quickly wiping away his tear. " I'm going to be an uncle. " 

" You're already an uncle. "

Meanwhile: With Hitch and Armin

" I don't mind that you got the hots for Annie, but do you even know what's going on out here right now?  Read this. " Hitch had handed Armin a paper. " The military in an attempt to maintain their political power wrongfully Imprisoned Eren Yeager ' Betrayed the volunteer soldiers to have all the gains to themselves. " Armin finished, he sighed and handed Hitch back the article. " Looks the like people mistrust the army more and more. " 

" The army won't answer any of the peoples burning questions. So this reaction is not surprising. " Armin lowered his head, his blond hair falling over his eyes. " Still, the army cannot expose the existence of Zeke and the earth flattening weapon. We have to act fast and meet Eren to size up his true intentions. " Armin and hitch turned a corner only to be met with the angry citizens on the other side of the gate. 

" Let Eren go! "

" Eren is the only one who can save Eldia! " 

" Eren Yeager is the only one who can avenge our countrymen who were eaten to death! " 

" Without Eren Yeager, the Eldian empire cannot be reborn! " 

" The army is powerless without Eren! "

"Let's kill all the Marleyans! " 

" They say the military HQ is completely surrounded by these people. " Armin's face fell but suddenly Mikasa appeared and Hitch was called off to do more work. " Let's go, Armin, it took us some time to arrange this meeting, we cannot let it go to waste. " Armin blinked and looked around. " Where's Emma? " Mikasa tightened her scarf around her neck. " She wasn't feeling so hot, I told her I'll tell her everything when we get back. " 

" Excuse us? " With a little bit of walking Mikasa and Armin made it towards their destination, they knocked on the door and was welcomed in my Chief Darius Zackly, he stared out the window with his back turned to them. " I'm sorry we had to meet on such a day like this. It's been very long since you've requested to see me. Have a seat. " He slowly turned his head, lacing at them from the corner of his eye. " Hero's of Shingashina. " Darius Zackly had turned to take his own seat, tilting his head. " Where's Mrs. Ackerman. " Mikasa cleared her throat, internally cringing at that last name. " She's a bit sick so I offered to fill her in on everything. "

" Ah, Is motherhood treating her well? " Armin's lips lifted just a bit. " She's doing great, the twins are amazing. " Armin admitted, Mikasa's lips lifted as she glanced over at Armin. " Ah, I'd love to see them again sometime. " He pushed up his glasses and hummed, looking down at his paperwork. " Now let's discuss. "

That's the end of this chapter! Sorry it's so short I had homework to do but what do you think about the news? Another baby Ackerman? 
Anyways let me know in the comments! 
Bye my unicorns XOXO