Chapter 12

" You're back home early. " Emma was putting a set of clean dishes away, her back turned to her stoic husband who had just entered the house and began kicking off his shoes. Emma turned her body and smiled at him, her hair was tucked into a bun and her eyes held dark bags. " Daddy! " Isabel had run out from her bedroom, she was wrapped in her comfy pajamas and hugged Levi's leg. Emma groaned and ran her hands over her tired eyes. " Isabel Carla Ackerman. It is way past your bedtime young lady. "

" You're tucking her in his time. " Emma pointed a finger at Levi who chuckled and picked up his small daughter. She smiles and snuggled into Levi's hold. " Tch were you making it hard for your mother? " Emma turned her back and huffed. " Yes, she indeed was. " Levi smiled and began walking towards the twin's room. Upon entering he found Farlan fast asleep and tucked in on all ends. Isabel's bed was messy and the blankets were thrown everywhere.
He laid his daughter down who happily snuggled into the warm sheets. " Now what did we say about keeping your mother up so late? " Isabel tilted her head, due to her age she didn't know many words but was able to make up small sentences.

Isabel huffed and let Levi tuck her blankets in on all ends. " Tch you and your brother are a lot of work for one person so mommy gets tired. You have to listen to her because she held you in her belly. " Isabel tilted her head again. " Daddy is Cony cooming later? "
Levi chuckled and made sure his daughter's blanket was tight enough so the monsters wouldn't get in, though if any monster attacked his beautiful daughter he'd beat them to a palp. " Conny, and tomorrow he'll be watching you two. " Isabel hummed in approval. " Get some sleep. " He kissed his daughter's forehead before standing up and smiling once she closed her eyes.

He exited the room and closed the door behind him. Emma stood in the living room tidying up the place and putting toys away. " You look tired. " Emma held back a yawn and put a few of the toys away in a bin. " Long day. " Levi walked over to the sofa in the room and waited for his wife to join him. She tiredly sat down beside him and leaned her head on the back of the sofa. " The two were fighting over a book and Isabel may have punch Farlan in the chin. " Emma muttered out.

Levi widened his eyes and slowly turned to look at his wife. " You know she gets her violence from you. " Emma yawned out before letting her head fall back on the couch behind her. 

The next day

After being unseen and on the run Gabi and Falco had finally made it far away from the so-called 'demons' of Paradise Island. They stood by sets of trees and a small lake, they stood out of breath and sweaty. The sun was starting to rise to leave an orange glow hovering over the horizon. Gabi fell to her knees trying to intake the remaining air she needed to satisfy her lungs before taking cups of water, using her palms to drink from the water in the lake. After regaining his breath Falco turned to look at the girl. " We manage to make it pretty far. I guess it's because we ran all night. Hey, you should take off that armband, it'll stand out. " Gabi finished drinking, letting water drip down her face. " Even if they see it, an ordinary citizen won't know what it means. " 

Falco looked around. " A soldier will just take it off. " Gabi rubbed her mouth to dry off the remaining water. " There won't be any soldier's so far in the countryside. " Falco quickly fired back. " If you keep wearing it someone will definitely notice, we don't even know how we're going to get back to Marley! " Gabi slowly stood up, firing a look back at Falco. " We won't make it back. I'm just going to do what I can to find Zeke and ask him what the hell is going on until they catch and kill me. Did he betray Marley? Why would he do such a thing? " Flaco huffed and stepped forward. "They're not gonna kill us, m-maybe that nice woman, E-Emma, maybe she would help us. " Gabi clicked her tongue and glared at Falco. " You can do whatever you want, you don't have to tag along with me, and she won't help you. " Falco stepped forward. " You're saying I can do whatever I want? " He stepped towards again, reaching and tearing off the armband from Gabi's arm. "  What I want is t get rid of this armband. " Within a few seconds, Gabi gasped and tackled Falco to the ground.

" Give it back! " She grabbed the collar of Falco's dirty shirt and began glaring at the boy who laid on the ground underneath her. " But why! What purpose does this thing serve! " Gabi began punching the boys chest, reaching for the ripped fabric. " I'm a good Eldian! Without this, I'll be no different from the devils on this island! " She had gone utterly mad. " What are you talking about! Have you gone crazy! Back off! " Gabi sat up, tears streaming down her eyes. " Why of all people did it have to be you to come here with me? You've managed to survive the attack but now- " Falco's eyes widened. 

" What are you doing? " The two froze in their spots, a woman appeared, she stood by a tree staring at the two children laying on the floor. They widened their eyes and pushed away from one another. " It's so early in the morning, where did the two of you come from? " Gabi flashed a look towards Falco. " W-we don't want to tell you, we hated our family and we finally managed to escape, so we don't want to go back. " The two hesitated, gulping once the lady tilted her head. " Is that right? Well, my place is near, you must be hungry, come along. " Falco breathed out and dropped the rock he held in his hand, he sighed once the woman sent them a sweet smile and waved them along. 

At Marley 

" After examining the remains of the beast titan, we were able to find a small number of remains from Zeke's body, after he hands been blown to bits, but it is not enough, the parts we had found were from his arms and his legs. It's all a set up to fool us into thinking he's dead. Zeke has been seen joining forces with the enemy and escaping in the zeppelin. " A few Marley citizens had sat at the table, Reiner being one of them. " If Pieck's theory if correct, Zeke has been planning the recent attack on Marley for about four years now, by using collaborators inside the Marlryan army. " Laid out on the table was a familiar set of gear. 3DM. 

" This 3D manoeuver gear was upgraded to an anti-human model using Marleyan technology. Not to mention the zeppelin they stole to make their escape is a state of the art aircraft that can only be operated by highly trained personnel. He probably had collaborations on the survey ships that were sent to Paradise Island four years ago. People from the Eldian Restoration movement that is.
" Fuck, fuck. We fought side by side this whole time, and he was a traitor all along. "

" We have no intention to wait until Zeke's time is up. Within half a year we will execute a plan to lay ruin to Paradise Island with the joint forces of the world's greatest armies. 

Reiner stood up. " We can't wait for the world's joint forces to gather! We must launch a surprise attack on Paradise Island! "

That's the end of this chapter! 
Bye my unicorns XOXO