Chapter 31

" Jean, find them, get the out. " She gripped the collar of his shirt. "I'll go with Mikasa, you go with Armin. " Jean nodded his head, Emma drew her swords and jumped off the roof right after Mikasa. They flew through the air left and right, Emma felt like they were teenagers once again. In their first battle in Trost but now it was entirely different. Eren was on her side then, now he was the one they were hunting. She looked to her left and imagined Sasha flying in the distance, yelling out in happiness and with brown hair flying in the wind. She looked over her shoulder to imagine the Levi squad, Petra, Olou, Gunther, and Shultz. Miche and Moblit were close behind, she turned her head and blinked again and those happy days were gone. 

" Emma! I got this one on the left! " She was finally losing her mind, she could swear she heard Sasha. Her eyes widened, and she looked back over at the deceased best friend, Sasha let out a loud cheer. Flying in the air past a clock tower, she disappeared behind it and then she was gone. " Catch up Yeager will ya! " The destroyed town around her flashed before her eyes, the Special Operations squad flew past her. Olou was the one who called to her from the distance. Her breath hitched, she blinked once more and then they were gone. She flew down, drawing her swords and gliding them across a titan's nape. She had twisted her body into a spin, something Levi taught her. She was like a flash of lightning, she flew past not one but two more jumping titans. In seconds they were dropping into piles of steam. She flew past a building full of afraid military personnel. A swish flew down and the nape of a titan just beside her flew in the air. Her eyes followed the soldier over her shoulder, it was commander Shadis.  " I taught you punks a dozen ways to deal with titans and whimpering like infants isn't one of them. We've still got some old ODM gear so suit up!  Do you want to see the other side of this? So get off your sorry asses and follow me! "

Her lips turned, she looked ahead once more and flew down. Attacking the titans back to back. " Are there any more survivors in there? Gather on the top floor! We need to draw the titans into a group so we can hit them all at once! Get all the thunder spears up there too! Whatever we got, we'll make it work! Don't let any of the titans wander off! These are the people you've trained and fought with! They need us to put them to rest! " Emma turned her ODM gear and flew towards the top floor of the building. She was met with Armin already, Jean landed just beside her. " Where's Isabel and Farlan? Are they safe? "

" They're with Mr.Blous and Nicolo, they've been escorted to safety. " Others began to flood the rooftop, they were met with soldiers who were once hiding out in fear now they were left with what was left of the scouts. They were armed with all the thunder spears they had and they now were surrounded by titan upon titan. Her breath hitched, and they were completely surrounded. She felt like they were fighting in Trost once more, their first-ever battle against the Titans. " Now all at once! " They flew down in unison, all at once diving at the dozens of titans surrounding them. They threw thunder spears at all the titans while more soldiers in the distance guided moreover. She watched as the first group fell and ran straight into the stone wall beneath them. Emma stared in horror down at the titans below, she nudged Armin from beside her who then nudged Jean. " Commander Pixis. " The titan was bald and wore a gray bushy mustache on his face. Her eyes watered and she swallowed a choked-back cry. " Let's go. " She sucked in her breath and leaped off the wall with the rest of her family. " Commander, I'm sorry for this. We would've never made it this far without you. " She swung around, swinging past a titan and shooting a thunder spear right at the nape of commander Pixis. " Thank you sir, and may you rest in peace. "