Chapter Five

I felt a hand grab my shoulder as I was stepping out of the door. I froze and just stood there for a moment.

"Ma'am," a familiar voice spoke.

I turned around to Rosali, the waitress.

I didn't want to see her ever again. I had to pay just to see my own grandmother because of her stubbornness.

"You forgot your phone."

Rosali's eyes were staring into mine in such an awkward way, and I just kind of stood there.

"Here," she laughed and placed it in the palm of my hand. I slipped it back in my pocket and continued walking outside. I mumbled, "Thanks," and walked outside with a disappointed frown on my face. I heard everyone start laughing and talking loudly as soon as she walked back inside.

I got in the car and slammed the door closed.

"Five minutes and thirty-two seconds," Jamie smirked with her phone in her hand.

"Be quiet about it. I just wasted fifty dollars in there."

I pointed at the restaurant. Jamie raised her eyebrows.

"Did you bring back any food?"

I gave Jamie a dirty look.

"Why are you such a jerk all of the sudden?"

I opened the car door back up.

"Shut that door right now. I already called your father, and he isn't too happy."

I shook my head and started to get out of the car.

"Steven is not my father, and you're not my mother. If you're going to be like this, I'm staying here."

I got out of the car and started to walk back toward the building. Jamie and I always have random fights like this, but I'm not sure what her problem is today.

"It's almost dark!"

She leaned out of her window.

"Good! Maybe if you would have got here earlier, we would have been home by now! Use the five minutes and thirty-four seconds I used of your precious time to go by a new outfit," I snarled.

She rolled up the car window and opened her door. As soon as she stepped out onto the sidewalk, her heels began to click on the pavement. I panicked. Instinctively, I sprinted inside the restaurant and stopped by the front door. Whatever Jamie was going to do, there were now witnesses.

Right there in front of me, sitting at a table, was Rosali and Cynthia. I watched them talk for a moment. That moment started to feel like hours pretty soon. I thought I heard Cynthia and Rosali start talking about Stefani, and I immediately started having a mental breakdown.

I turned to see if Jamie was still coming after me, but her car wasn't even outside. I guess she got mad and left.

I was shaking to death in the corner by myself. Instead of calling Jamie, I pulled my phone out and dialed Sam's number. He sounded really excited when he answered.

"Hello? Is this Louise?"

"Yeah, it's me," I tried to say happily.

"Guess what! The boss bought me tickets to see Cheek to Cheek live!"

I sighed and pulled a chair out from a small table.

"That's awesome, Sam. I was wondering if you could, by chance, meet me at Joanne's?"

He started to mumble something to someone.

"Sure! I'll be there in ten minutes. My shift is over anyways," he laughed. Sam ended the call, and I buried my face in my hands. Very soon after, a waiter tapped my shoulder.

"Ma'am, are you okay?"

I flinched and flung my head toward him.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm fine, just tired. I'm waiting for my friend Sam, and we are going to get something when he arrives."

The waiter nodded.

"Alright, good. My name's Markus if you need me."

He walked off. I heard Sam start to laugh, and I gave him a warm smile.

"Hey! I've been here a bit. I called you as soon as I could."

Sam nodded and sat down. He scooted his chair up to the table and then put his backpack on the ground next to him.

"I got here pretty quick for being downtown, though. You've got to admit it," he laughed.

"Yeah, that was pretty fast."

He leaned over and unzipped his bag.

"I got you something!" Sam nearly shouted while under the table.

"Oh yeah?" I was very excited.

He slid a concert ticket over to my side of the table.

"It's a meet and greet pass for that Cheek to Cheek concert!"

A single tear fell onto my cheek.

"My boss let us both in! It took some work, but I did it."

I stood up from my chair, grabbed the ticket, and walked over to give him a bear hug. This is it.

I'll finally see her again.
---------------------------------------------
Sorry for the delay, I've been super busy. I hope you all liked this chapter! :3