Chapter Six

After I quit crying, we ordered spaghetti. It was something that almost nobody else got because it's usually so common, but it was the best. Sam scarfed down his food and finished nearly ten minutes before I did, so he talked to me during that time.

"So, how'd you find out about Gaga?"

I choked on my spaghetti and covered my mouth.

"I have always known about her," I said with a small laugh.

"Yeah, me too. I could remember Gaga's name on my pacifier," he said sarcastically.

"Seriously, I'm not joking!"

He nodded and gave me a wry smile.

"I'm just giving you a hard time, don't take it personally. Have you ever met Gaga?"

I covered my mouth full of spaghetti and replied, "Yeah, I have."

He raised his eyebrows.

"When did you meet her?"

I didn't know how to answer his question. Jamie usually filled in an answer for me, so I just let him have the truth.

"I'll tell you when, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else."

He smirked.

"Like anyone else would care!"

I shook my head.

"You don't understand. She's my legitimate mother. I kind of met her at birth," I grinned.

He let out a small chuckle.

"You're joking."

"Take me to my house and I'll prove it. She gave me a recording of a song called Gypsy when I was eight."

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"When you were eight? The song was released five years ago!"

I nodded and gave him a toothy grin.

"I was ten when she released that song five years ago."

"Come on, we're leaving," he said while rattling his keys.

"Okay, I'm done anyways."

I stuck one last bite of food in my mouth and stood up from my chair. Sam paid for the food, and I admired him for that. I was at a balance of negative fifty dollars.

He brought me outside to his crimson red Mustang convertible.

"This is Sheila," he said with an almost idiotic smile on his face.

"She's awesome! How long did it take you to name it?"

He nudged my arm.

"It seems lame, but wait until you get a car. Anyways, I named her Sheila because I got the car after my parents divorced. Mom's name is Sheila."

He winked and opened the car door for me.

"I might as well treat you like royalty, if you are who you say you are."

He laughed and jogged over to his side of the car. Once we were both in our seat belts, he forced the car to turn on.

"It's a 2004, so it'll take her some time," he grunted.

"Oh wow, that's an old car."

He smirked.

"Say what you want."

As soon as we started driving, he let out a random nervous laugh.

"Where exactly is your house?"

I gave him the directions all the way to my house.

"Now, Sam, there is no way you'll get inside of there. Jamie is too protective. I'll go get my photo album, the CD, and some other things."

He gave me a concerned look.

"Okay, but make sure she doesn't come outside."

I shook my head.

"That won't work. You're going to have to leave, park somewhere, and then I'll run to your car. I'll probably be grounded, though. It'll take me a minute to get back outside."

I opened the car door.

"See you soon," he said with an unsure look. I gave him a smile and shut the door. He drove off, and I just realized how dumb this plan seemed. Because Sam had already left, I decided to call him. I reached in my pocket, but my phone was gone. I left it at Joanne's. Twice in a day!

"I see you're home now," I heard Jamie yell from the front door.

"Don't make a big deal out of it. I'm not happy about being here either."

I sighed and almost made my way inside. Jamie grabbed my shoulder and pushed me up against the wall. Not hard, but enough to make me flinch.

"Don't go anywhere, I'm getting Steven. He needs to have a word with you."

As soon as she walked into her room, I took off running full speed to mine. This was my chance to escape, and I would surely get out one way or another.
--------------------------------------------
Sorry I've been away for so long. I have no excuse. I'll keep working on the story, though, and I will have the next chapter up soon. I promise! <3