Chapter 4. Blue

The blind spots in my vision had disappeared.

That was just about the only positive thing I could find about the situation.

Yes, the blind spots were gone. Except now instead of blind spots there was mostly darkness, with outlines of a light grey, and the odd swirling blue light that I saw in the Pensieve. It seemed to gather - well, if not gather so much as congeal - in certain spots, around where I knew the doorknob to be, the picture frames on the wall, even a light swirl covering the walls.

I glanced down at my hand; there was the light on the ring on my finger as well. This did not bode well for any chances of putting the ordeal behind me and getting on with my life.

But why was the light only focused on some objects? It couldn’t just random, there had to be some reason… But if there was one, I couldn’t find it. Granted, it was on a lot of things, but still. There had to be a connection somewhere…

“Draco?”

I whipped my head around - and suddenly, everything was in blinding color, normal once again. “Hermione.” I answered as she closed the door behind her.

“Are you feeling alright? You look a little… off.” she said, a concerned look on her face.

“I’m… just not feeling right.” I paused, looking around the room at the objects which moments before had been glowing with an ethereal light. “Actually, something weird happ-” I started just as she began to speak. We both stopped. “Sorry.” I smiled. “You first.”

She smiled back. “Headmistress McGonagall is holding a meeting with several of her “esteemed peers”. So far, none of them have been able to come up with much, except for a bunch of theories they can’t even agree on.”

“Such as?”

She sat down beside me. “Such as the person talking to you was a reincarnation or another horcrux (they couldn’t decide) of Voldemort trying to speak to you, and the blue light was some form of patronus.”

I snorted.

“Or,” she continued, “That you staged it yourself as a publicity stunt because of an inferiority complex stemming from your, and I quote, ‘bitter and rancorous feud with the esteemed auror Harry Potter’. I have more, if you’d like to hear.”

“I’m alright, thanks.” I said, leaning my head on her shoulder. “I’m confused enough as it is.”

“I’m sure.” She checked her watch. “But I should probably be getting back. They were taking a break to ‘gather their thoughts’.” She pressed a kiss to my lips. “I’ll be back soon, yeah?”

“Alright.”