Chapter 10. Spiderwebs

Sorry if it's kind of confusing. Hope you have as much fun reading it as I had writing it.

~~

Still foreign, still alien, and alone - but voices linger, eyes cracked open and seeing spiderwebs of lights, blinding fractals, like a blue sun against the eyelids. Someone enters, leaning over a body, a live one, measuring and testing and waving sticks of wood burning with blue lights, and blue lights flow out, into the body.

The spiderwebs shift but do not break, the voices pause but do not stop, eyes close briefly but reopen and see shifted spiderwebs of light, blinding fractals, like a blue sun against the eyelids.

Someone leaves, someone enters. There are more and less people near the body, more and less in being, in character, in worth, all measuring in their own way, testing, but no sticks of wood burning with blue lights, and blue lights do not flow out, not into the body.

A hand pressed to the forehead, cool and clammy and warm and dry and there and not there and it passes through the spiderwebs, does not shift them as the blue lights that came from the burning branches. Cool fingers rest lightly on cracked open too warm eyelids, seeing spiderwebs of lights, blinding fractals, like a blue sun against the eyelids.

A liquid, blue in description but not in sight, never in sight, not in blue sight or the other, flows down a blue sun parched throat, a cool rag pressed against a cerulean-burnt face, someone leaning over a body, a live one, measuring and testing and waving sticks of wood burning bright as blue supernovas with light.

A hand pressed against a hand, a pressure, distracts from the blue, burning blue everywhere, behind the eyes and on the face and doesn’t distract enough or isn’t enough and the body can’t tell, is consumed by the blue, by the suns and the fractals.

It pierces the heart, someone leaves, someone enters. In the heart it burns, scalds, withers and the body cries out, burning, inside and out, spiderwebs shift but do not break, the voices pause but do not stop, eyes slammed shut briefly reopen and see spiderwebs of light, shift but do not break, form around in a cocoon of blue sun against the eyelids, cerulean burnt face, burning branches.

Someone enters, someone leaves.

Spiderwebs shift but don’t break.

Blue, overwhelmingly blue. It burns the veins, electrifies every nerve, voices linger, blinding fractals, a body jerks, seizures wracking a burning frame, shift but don’t break.

Open, reopen. Spiderwebs, blue.

A scream, voices pause but do not stop, a scream coming from the body, from the jerking, from the seizures wracking a cerulean burnt frame, someone leaning over a body, a live one, measuring and testing and waving sticks of wood burning as the sky burns during the sleep.

Held down, invisible bonds, blue too, too blue, everywhere, shift but don’t break, cocooned in blue, supernovas and suns, parched throat, electric.

Rising from the body but not of the body, blue, foreign, still alien, and electric - but voices linger, eyes cracked open and seeing spiderwebs of lights, blinding fractals, like a blue sun against the eyelids.

Eyes close briefly against the blinding suns of blue, but reopen. Like blue suns against the eyelids.

The spiderwebs break.