Chapter 2. Awake

Sorry it's been a while :) I kind of forgot about this to be honest. Anyway, this chapter isn't long but I thought it was better than nothing.

~

My head was pounding. Flashing lights battered my eyelids, and I felt nauseous.

“Is he alright?”

Ugh. If the voice was talking about me, the answer was no. Also, they could really stand to lower the volume a tad.

“I do believe so, dear.” another voice said. Hang on, was that…?

“Madam Pomfrey, you’re a saint.”  I was in the infirmary? I tried to open my eyes, but they were so heavy. “Is he - is he waking up?”

I felt a palm on my forehead. “I certainly hope so.”

I managed to peel my eyelids open and my eyes were immediately assaulted by the bright lights of the infirmary.

“Draco dear, can you hear me?” Madam Pomfrey asked.

I made a vague affirmative sound.

“Well that’s good. Here.” She thrust a vial of something or other into my hand. I shakily lifted it to my mouth and chugged it, barely noticing the foul taste. After a moment, the pounding in my head receded to a dull throb.

“Draco, what happened?”

I turned my head - Hermione. Thank god. “I, uh.” I said. “I don’t know. I just… I remember teaching class on, what, the fourteenth? And then it gets hazy. I, uh, had this weird vis-”

“Not too much excitement.” Madam Pomfrey tutted. “You just hold up there. There’s plenty of time to discuss this. Now how about I get you some soup, and Hermione can talk to you about what happened?”

“Yeah, that’d be great, Madam Pomfrey, thanks.” I said as she walked away. I turned to Hermione. “What the hell happened?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” she said, a worried look in her eyes.

“I asked you first.” I said, my worried looking fading into a smile.

A small smile alighted on her face as well. “I talked to one of your students who was there when it happened. She said that you were lecturing about something - she didn’t specify as to what - and then suddenly you fell to the floor and started convulsing. She said something about a blue light, some type of energy. McGonagall left about an hour ago, she said she would draw the memory into the Pensieve to see what happened."

“Yeah.” I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. “Let’s-” my head swam. “Let’s go see her.”