three

Emily's POV

I woke up the next morning and the memories of last night came flooding back to me.

I start school in a couple of days and I was kind of relieved. I get half of the day out of the house and away from my parents.

I went downstairs and my mom was in the kitchen.

"Where's Dad?" I asked, before I said anything.

"He went out last night and he hasn't come back yet." She said, as if I didn't hear or see anything that happened last night.

"Mom I saw it. No need to hide it." I said, putting bread in the toaster.

She sighed, "Honey it's complicated and you're not old enough to-"

"Yes I'm old enough to understand mom! I'm 17 and I'm not stupid. Dad doesn't want me. I was just a mistake." I cut her off, yelling at her.

She took a deep breath and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Mom why are you guys fighting more than usual? Why did he hit you?" I asked, quietly.

"Well you said it yourself, he doesn't want you. He wants to send you to a boarding school across the country. And I got mad, so he got mad. He wasn't aware of his actions. His anger took over him. He didn't mean to hit me." She said quietly.

I rolled my eyes because he obviously meant it. My dad is an awful person. "Boarding school?" I asked, barely in a whisper.

"I'm taking care of it. He's not sending you away. You're my daughter too and I get a say in things." She said confidently. I wiped a stray tear and hugged her, crying into her hair.

I wanted to talk to Harry but would that be too clingy?

Yeah, it would.

"I'm going to call Hannah and go somewhere." I said, in need of getting out of the house.

I dialed my best friends number. She's the only one who knows about all of this. Well, now besides Harry.

"Hey Em." She said as she answered the phone.

"Hey can I come to your house or something. I need to get out." I said, closing my bedroom door and finding an outfit.

"Sure! Oh my god I need to tell you about this guy I met." She squealed and I laughed because this was typical for her.

"I'll be there in 10." I said, putting on shorts and a camisole. I picked out some flip flops and brushed my straight, brown hair. I put on some makeup and then ran out the door.

I'm saving up for a car but sadly I haven't been able to afford it yet, so I am still riding my bike everywhere.

I stuffed my phone in my pocket and got on my bike and rode to Hannah's, and luckily she was only five minutes away.

"Emily!" I heard my name. I looked around to see who said it and almost fell of my bike.

Harry ran towards me and I stopped, stepping off.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He smiled.

"It's fine." I smiled back, and put the brake down on my bike.

"So how is it at home?" He asked quietly.

I took a deep breath. "It depends on what you classify as bad. If you would say bad is your father trying to send you to boarding school across the country, then yeah, it's bad." I said.

"Oh my god, why?" He asked.

"He wants me as far away as possible. Sorry but I promised my friend I would be at her house soon." I said, picking up my brake and getting on my bike.

"Hang in there, okay?" He said. I smiled and nodded, then rode down another block to Hannah's.

Sorry this was so boring...):

So the updates have been short but I think I'm going to keep them short but frequent. I hope you guys are okay with that! :)

The wattpad app is like glitching and the total number of reads changes but the individual chapters don't...

Can I please have a hundred reads on all of my chapters for the next one?

-megan