↳ 7.5

ZOE AND PENNY were silently waiting for the kids to finish their writing test when the former randomly said, "Is good looks one of the criteria to be in W

ZOE AND PENNY were silently waiting for the kids to finish their writing test when the former randomly said, "Is good looks one of the criteria to be in W.I.C.K.E.D.'s Maze Trial?"

Penny frowned, "What?"

"You know... Let me refresh your memory," Zoe wriggled her arm and lifted her fingers one by one as she recounted each name, "Minho. Thomas. Stephen. Gally. Marie. Sonya. Harriet. Frankie. Have you seen Frankie? She has this—"

Zoe drew a line down her left ear.

"—gorgeous jawline, and this—"

She pointed to the tip of her button nose.

"—cute, not-too-sharp but not-too-big nose, and this—"

Then she motioned to her own face with her right palm.

"—plain beautiful, drop-gorgeous look. Straight out of fashion magazine. And your boyfriend, too—"

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?!" Penny exclaimed shrilly. Her pitch literally rose a few tones.

That captured the eight-years-old children's attention. Kimberly, who was sitting at the very front, lifted her gaze and asked with her big, doe eyes. "Boyfriend? Does Penny have a boyfriend?"

"No!" Penny said, chuckling awkwardly.

The little girls cooed.

"Awhhh...."

"Penny," Kimberly said suggestively, "Do you know that your voice sounds higher every time you lie?"

"No! What are you talking about, Kim? My voice is usually like this!" Then she slapped Zoe's thigh to stop her from rolling around in laughter, "Zoe, I mean it! I only talked with him for, like, three times, and you know that getting a boyfriend is so not my priority right now!"

"I know, I know," Zoe wiped the tears from her eyes, "Still..."

"Zoe!"

"I know!"

〰️