𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐀: 𝐇.𝐘.𝐃.𝐑.𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

"𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓!"

Charlie winced at the sound of her father's bulky suit as it banged into a wall of stone, the noise echoing through her earpiece.

"Language!" Steve Rogers grunted over the line, the sound of his motorcycle whirring behind him.

"You alright, Dad?" Charlie said over the noise. She felt herself relax when she heard Tony's annoyed sigh from the other end. From her hiding spot, several feet back from the Avengers, she saw him flying far above the rest of the group, thankfully still intact.

Though probably not for long. A massive red and gold suit wasn't exactly stealthy in a snowy-white forest. It was like Tony was a beacon for the Hydra soldiers all over the base; I'm right here! Look at me!

Now that Charlie thought about it, that was sort of his specialty.

He'd even made Charlie's suit bright purple, high-giving her when they started enveloping it, no questions asked. "That's my girl," he'd said proudly.

To be fair, he didn't make it to go on missions. It was more just to humor her wanting to be just like her Dad.

No, she snuck out here on her own.

"That's gonna take a bit of fixing when we get back home," Tony groaned dramatically, pulling her out of her thoughts. "But I'm alive..."

"We need a view from upstairs, guys." Steve ignored his husband's whining. "J.A.R.V.I.S, what's our status?"

J.A.R.V.I.S's cool English accent was calm and composed, clashing almost comically with the energy out in the field. "The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

Thor's low voice sounded way too gleeful. "Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last..." The familiar warped sound of Mjolnir flying through the air made Charlie realize how close she was to the group; she flew left a bit and chose a new tree to hide behind.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha said in her signature raspy voice. "Charlie won't be very happy if we aren't home in time for game night tomorrow."

"I definitely won't be," Charlie agreed. "I gotta beat Dad at Monopoly."

"Never gonna happen," Tony said dryly. "Sorry, kid."

"Yeah," Clint grunted. He fired a couplet of arrows, followed by the yelling of several Hydra soldiers. "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"Wait a second." Charlie could hear the shit-eating grin in Tony's voice as he suddenly remembered. "No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said... 'language'?"