𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐆𝐨 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝

Ephialtes ending song:

Haunt Me (x3), by Teen Suicide

𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 was awake

She felt floaty, and for a moment she was worried nothing was tethering her to the ground- she was going to float away, far away, and nobody was ever going to see her again.

The thought scared her, and as her heart sank she realized there was something wet sliding down her face. Her eyelids were far too heavy to open, though, so she just let her floating body let out the tears she couldn't keep back.

She was confused- there was a heavy, heavy fog in her head that made it impossible to think properly. Trying to gather her thoughts was all for naught as she tried to get her bearings, tried to make sense of what was happening, and she began to feel incredibly frustrated.

Another hot tear slipped out of her heavy eyelids before she felt the world's most gentle pressure on the top of her head, smoothing her hair back.

"Shhh," someone was soothing. The hand on her forehead was slow, comforting. "It's okay."

Charlie felt her lip tremble, feeling exhausted. It wasn't okay. She was going to float away.

"No, you're not, baby," that soft voice said, before she felt lips brush her forehead. "I got you. Just relax."

"I'll get the nurse," another voice said, raspy and low.

"No," the voice with the kind hand said sharply, but quietly. The brushing of Charlie's hairline faltered for a moment. "You sit your ass down, Steven Grant, before I sit you down myself."

"I'd like to see you try." But the tell-tale sound of a bed creaking under weight told Charlie the person had listened.

The first man snorted. "I bet you would. You've never had any complaints about it, before. The exact opposite, in fact. You seem to enjoy it quite a bit. Makes your whole body blush, its kind of-"

"Tony," the man on the bed chastised, but Charlie could hear the 1930's horror in his voice. "Charlie could hear us."

"What?" Tony said indignantly. "She's fourteen, not a nun. And, she's not awake. She babbles for a second and then what happens? Nothing. For three days. "

Charlie let out a tiny whimper, and both men froze.

"Hasn't been like that for three days," Steve said smugly.