𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐒𝐏

Bright white lights nearly blinded her immediately and she groaned, letting her head fall forward against her chest.

Her ears were ringing violently, her muscles weak and shivering. If felt like the worst bout of the flu she'd ever had- nausea and burning skin and and uncomfortable prick in her neck-

"What the hell," she moaned, rolling her head in a slow circle. She forced her eyes open and tried to get them to focus, trying to see past the black spots in her vision.

She couldn't remember where she was, or what was happening, or what she was supposed to be doing, but there was a sense of urgency in her heart she don't understand. Charlie needed to get up, to go find someone...

"Ms. Rogers!" A familiar voice came from somewhere in front of her and she narrowed her eyes. "Glad to see you awake."

Charlie glared at the man, huffing exasperatedly when she saw who it was.

Alexander Pierce. Secretary of Defense, and the face of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The face of Hydra.

"It's Stark-Rogers," She snarled, already done with the man's bullshit. "Forgot about the parent that never liked you, huh?"

Pierce smiled thinly. Oh, he definitely remembered the all times he had come to Tony, trying to strike a deal with Stark Industries, and been turned down.

"Where am I?" Charlie looked around her, recognizing the format of some of the offices Pops went to for meetings. This room was much, much higher than those floors, though. She could see most of the city from up here. Water shimmered below and she was tossed into the memory of her house exploding, her bedroom tumbling into the ocean.

"You're in my office," Pierce said. He stuck his hands casually in his pockets, but it didn't look nearly as suave as when Tony did it. "I thought we could use a little chat."

Charlie raised and eyebrow. "So you kidnapped me, drugged me, tied me up, and separated me from my family... just to chat? Mr. Sir, I am fourteen years old. You really see me as that much of a threat?"

"It's not you that's threatening, my dear." Charlie's nose scrunched in disgust. Pierce looked calm. "It's your father that we're having a bigger problem with."

"What about him?" Charlie knew she was just being difficult, but it wasn't like she was going to cooperate with him. She wanted to drag this out for as long as possible.

Pierce pulled up a chair, sitting in front of her until the were practically knee to knee.

It was a move to try and intimidate her; being the daughter of a businessman taught her those tactics. She jutted her chin out, channeling the Stark on her through a smirk.