𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘: 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧 𝐚 𝐅𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞

"If the tide takes California,
I'm so glad I got to hold ya,
And if the sky falls from heaven above,
Oh, I know I had the best time falling into love"

-Till Forever Falls Apart, Ashe and FINNEAS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 with a grunt of pain, her vision going white for a moment as her head hit the back of the far-too-large Iron helmet

It took a moment for her breath and hearing to come back to her, but the second it did, she could hear a voice bellowing form far away.

"- ONY! CHARLIE!"

Pop's voice was hoarse and anguished. "TONY!"

Charlie scrambled to her feet, nearly losing her balance in the clunky metal suit where her fingers couldn't even reach the palm part of the gauntlets. The house trembling beneath her certainly wasn't helping.

Her eyes searched for either of her parents desperately, and when she finally caught her Pop's eyes, she cried out.

Steve held his hand out towards her, from across the room. The other had Fury supported over his shoulder. The S.H.I.E.L.D director... wasn't moving. "Charlie?"

"Dad, he-" Charlie couldn't get the words out over her hyperventilated shrieking. "I can't-" her eyes widened suddenly, and she sobbed in horror. "Pops, you're bleeding."

And he was. There was a very obvious bullet hole ripped through his shoulder, a sickly scarlet color bleeding through his too-tight white shirt. He held his hand out, trying to reassure her, a serious look on his face. "Doll, I'm okay. Where's Dad?"

"I don't know!" Charlie called, her entire body shaking. "Pops, he gave me his suit, I don't know where-"

Then the house trembled again terribly, and Charlie fell back against the wall, all of her senses completely overwhelmed. She heard a part of the being to crack, and her head snapped up, following the fissure over head head until she saw-

Tony, on the floor, staring up in horror at the beams threatening to give out over his head-

Charlie could hear Steve roar, "NO!", whether at her, or the fact his husband was about to be crushed, she didn't know. But everything else tuned itself out and she sprinted across the room, racing against the destruction of her home.

She threw herself over Tony, hovering over him with a knee narrowly missing his side, holding her arms up and squeezing her eyes shut as the ceiling fell onto her.