𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆

Her bare skin was on fire, a deep ache going all the way down to her bones. Her clothes were wet, for some reason. It was another level of cold- worse than the time she'd fallen into the hotel pool in the middle of a Washington winter.

Charlie could feel herself going numb. Her fingers and toes had already lost feeling, and something was falling cold and wet on her lashes.

She didn't have the energy to open her eyes.

She kind of just wanted to go to sleep again...

The someone was calling her name, distant and echoey. "Charlie! Kiddo, please... J.A.R.V.I.S, please tell me I didn't lose my kid..."

"Miss Charlotte fell about twenty feet away from you, sir."

Then there was a frantic scrambling and a small moan of pain, before the voiced got closer to her.

"Jesus, it's freezing...It's snowing, right? Where are we, upstate?" The voice was familiar, but harsh and tense at the moment.

"We are five miles outside of Rose Hill, Tennessee."

There was a pause in the footsteps. Then, an angry yell. "Why?"

Charlie whimpered slightly. The cold was unbearable, her Dad's voice was so loud, her shoulder was excruciating pain, and she had no idea what was going on. Tennessee? That was nowhere near Malibu- what was happening?

"Jarvis," Tony growled. "What the actual fuck. Why did-"

He cut off abruptly, before sucking in a sharp breath. There was a noise- he must be standing right next to her, now- before there was a thud. He must have sunk to his knees. "No. No... Charlie?"

Charlie was trying so hard to speak, but she was just so sleepy.

"J.A.R.V.I.S?" Tony've voice was shaking terribly. He cupped Charlie's faced with his icy cold hands, smoothing her hair back and wiping the frozen tears off her face. "J.A.R.V.I.S... please?"

J.A.R.V.I.S spoke, but not the answer either of them wanted. "I actually think I need to sleep now, sir."

Then there was the sound of an Iron Man suit powering down, and the father and daughter were thrust into silence.

The freezing temperature seemed to plunge even lower.

Tony let out a tiny noise of hopeless fear and grief- a sound like nothing Charlie had ever heard before. His gentle hands on Charlie's face trembled terribly.

"Jarvis. Jarvis? Don't leave me, buddy. Please? I need- I can't-" He sounded like he was seconds away from hyperventilating. "Charlie, please wake up. Please, sweetheart, you can't... I need..."