𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

" food was good as always

" food was good as always." I spoke, handing my aunt another dish as I helped her clean.

"Are you surprised," she joked.

I chuckled and handed her another dish before she spoke, "King I got it from here, go rest, you need it."

Before I could even argue, she snatched the plate from my hands and waved me off.

I shook my head before walking up stairs, I began walking to the room I was sleeping in, but ended up heading to Elijahs.

"yo," I knocked.

"Come in," he responded.

I opened the door slowly before walking, spotting Elijah sitting crisscrossed on the bed, the news playing faintly in the background.

"you good ?" I questioned simply.

"Yeah I'm fine," he nodded, "the food was really good, I love your aunt—she kinda reminds me of my mom." He smiled.

"Yeah I love her too." I nodded honestly, taking a seat on the bed.

"you know this shit ain't gon do nothing but stress you out right?" I questioned, motioning toward the TV screen which played the news.

"I know, it's just...I honestly can't help it." He responded, "I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing my face one 'most wanted' ad on the news."

"yeah well.....guess it's time to learn." I responded.

His silence caused me to look over at him, to see his gaze still sadly eyeing the television screen.

I sighed and grabbed the remote from his lap.

"hey!" He argued.

I ignored him and clicked on the Netflix option,
"stop watching that shit, you gon drive yoself' crazy."

"Adio I can change the channel myself..." he said dryly .

"you was takin too long." I shrugged.

Once the Netflix app loaded I handed him back the remote

"so dramatic," he muttered. 

"Man you got the nerve.." I responded causing him to roll his eyes.