𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

The moment I woke up I cringed at just how heavy my head felt

The moment I woke up I cringed at just how heavy my head felt. Thankfully it wasn't pounding in pain anymore, but I definitely felt congested.

The chills and cold sweat had subsided for now as well, though my throat still felt scratchy and my joints continued to ache.

It was still a good sign that some of my symptoms were getting better, it meant that the Medicine Adio had gotten yesterday was starting to work.

Speaking of which, my back felt heavy with him behind me, his arms securely wrapped around my upper body as he slept.

It was comfortable to sleep in, that was without a doubt—but trying to move was next to impossible.

He looked to be sleeping really well too, and he needed it—he was literally up for a full 24 hours since we'd left from Anthony and Erikas house, just driving and taking care of me.

I knew if he woke up now I wouldn't be able to get him back to sleep, he'd be stubborn about it.

I shifted really slowly and softly so that our fronts faced, he was such a light sleeper that the slightest movement usually woke him up, thankfully for now—he stayed asleep.

As he slept I watched him, his long eyelashes resting peacefully, his hair tied up—all but a singular loc which fell in front of his face.

His lips, even in sleep looked so healthy and moisturized, everything about him was so handsome without any effort.

I laid like that for about half an hour, just cuddled against his chest, enjoying both his scent and his warmth.

The bladder I'd been trying to ignore refused to be so any longer and I knew I had to move so I could pee.

As slow as humanly possible I slipped from Adios grip, fully expecting him to wake up, but to my surprise he didn't—and instead just shifted to his opposite side.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom and peed, taking the time to wash my face and brush my teeth while I was in there.

Honestly one of the worst parts of being sick is how terrible it made you look, I looked like a fucking zombie.

Me and Adio weren't in the 'comfortable with looking terrible in front of each other' stage yet, actually I'm not sure what stage we were in but it wasn't that one.

I decided that since I was up it was probably best to force myself to eat something before I took more medicine.

It was imperative I got better as soon as possible, as comfortable as the hotel was—it was also extremely risky for us to be at.

Since I knew my stomach wouldn't really agree with anything too heavy, and I didn't have an appetite anyways—I decided to just make myself a piece of toast.

After plopping it in the hotel oven I carefully walked over to the couch, taking a seat with a sigh.

Walking for too long still made me dizzy, my equilibrium was all off and that was another thing I needed to recover ASAP.