𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

The loss of heat behind me and the immediate cold draft woke me from my sleep

Slowly my eyes fluttered open, I squinted—trying my best to dim any light that would make my already terrible migraine even worse.

Faintly I could spot Adio throwing on his hoodie near the door.

"...please." I muttered as best I could, throat still killing me with every word.

"whas wrong?" He asked immediately, making his way over to me, kneeling down.

"please don't leave.." I spoke again, a lone tear falling from my eye.

I don't know what he was doing but I didn't want him to go, the pain my body felt, combined with everything else kept causing me to cry, now the loss of his heat aided to it all.

"imma get chu' some medicine Lijah, it ain't gon take long." He spoke gently, his thumb swiping away the tears that fell.

I understood what he was saying, and I knew that I probably needed it, but I didn't want him to go.

I didn't ask him to stay again, but the tears kept falling. All I've done today is sleep and cry—but the way that I was feeling that's all I could do.

"stop cryin shorty." He sighed, again wiping my tears.

"Please," I mumbled again, I don't even know what I was asking for at this point—I just felt foggy.

"imma be aight, and back before you know it." He assured.

"stop allat cryin fuh me." He asked again, his words even softer than last time.

With one last look of reassurance he threw on his hoodie and left the room, the Hotel door opening and closing not long after.

I hugged at myself, closing my eyes tightly—doing all that I could to ignore the pain.

I'd felt like this one time in my life before, when I was like six.

Doctors said it was because I had an uncommonly weak immune system.

After that one scare, Nothing like this ever happened again, I just watched myself and stayed clean.

I just guess being on the road so much and stressing about everything weakened my immune system yet again.

Difference between that time and this one, I didn't have a doctor that could prescribe me some antibiotics, I wasn't even suppose to be walking free.