𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

I checked my rear view mirror for what felt like the tenth time in the past hour

Elijah had been sleep for hours, I'm talking for the rest of yesterday and all through the night.

I can't even lie, Im fucking exhausted but I don't wanna wake him.

After about ten more minutes of driving I pulled over to the side of the road and got out, making my way to the back seat.

"Lijah," I said lowly.

Now that I was closer to him I noticed how pale he looked, he was sweating, and on top of allat he was shivering.

I got In bedside him and softly shifted him so his head was laying on my lap.

Finally he woke up, his eyes glazed over.

"Lijah how you feelin?" I questioned immediately.

He squinted his eyes shut like he was in pain causing me to scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"My head hurts, h-how long was I out?" He asked.

"bout a day, I guess, give or take." I responded, wiping some of the sweat beads from his forehead with my sleeve.

"my throat—hurts so bad." He winced, his eyes watering.

I then reached up and placed the back of my hand against his forehead, immediately noticing how warm he was.

He let out a pained cough, and groaned after.

"nah we can't keep goin like this, we gon have to stop." I mumbled to myself.

"n-no it's ok." He coughed, his voice barely audible.

"stop, don't talk you gon hurt cho' self. We gon stop at a hotel or sum, Imma figure it out." I told him, leaning back in thought as I wondered just how the fuck I was gon do this shit.

He stayed silent like I said, but began to bury himself deeper into my abdomen.

"you cold?" I asked, watching we he nodded.

I had the heat on and everything, how the hell—

"I Gotchu," I mumbled, gently lifting him up and bringing him to my chest.

"There's a hotel that ain't that far from here, problem is just booking it." I sighed.

"aight Lijah I'm finna move okay," I told him, removing my hoodie so he could use it as a blanket on top of the other one he was already using.

He didn't respond and instead shifted off of me and frailly pulled the hoodies on him.

It didn't take long for me to get to the Hotel, but once I did I stayed in the parking lot for a good 30 minutes wondering just what the fuck to do.