𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

TW// POLICE BRUTALITY

"Chill on me woe, you on sum otha' shit righ' now

"Chill on me woe, you on sum otha' shit righ' now." I joked, chuckling as I lined up the back of my customers head.

One thing about niggas inna barber shop, they gon be on yo ass, about anything.

"I'm just sayin King, Issa a whole lotta' bitches that claim to be yo's and I ain't see not one of em' a second time." Frank, my coworker, and co-owner of our Barber shop spoke.

By the time he finished speaking I wore flat look on my face.

"any broad that claim she my ole lady is a damn lie. Now I mighta fucked-," I laughed causing the rest of the Barber shop to do the same.

"-but as far as wifen' these' bitches up, nah."

Shortly after our conversation ended, I finished up my cut before dapping up my customer and collecting my money.

In the short amount of time I had in between appointments I sat back in my chair and watched the TV screen.

"it's crazy out here man, they fuckin' Killin' us and gettin' away with it.." I sighed, shaking my head at yet another black murder commited by a police officer.

I stayed silent as the waiting customers talked amongst the other barbers about what was going on.

I bit my tongue as my anger bubbled, time and time again this shit happened, and time and time again, no justice was served.

For someone like me, who had multiple run-ins with the "law", I knew first hand how injust them pigs could be.

I've been thrown, kicked, had my face planted in concrete, I've tasted my own blood more times when I was in police custody, than I had when I wasn't.

Shit don't even sound right, I know.

The life I lived before I went to prison was a fast one, I sold drugs. I know I seemed like just another black man who fell into a statistic, but I worked with what life gave me, and growing up with two struggling parents, I did shit I had too to afford the shit I wanted.

My parents couldn't afford the shit that wasn't necessary, so I went out and did what I had to do to get it for myself.

I wasn't about to flip burgers for no white man, so I dealt drugs for twice the amount they'd have paid me.

Yeah it led me to prison, but I don't regret it. Would I live that life again, no, but it made me who I was today.

So yes, when I was arrested I was a criminal, but my ass wasn't an animal and that's what they treated me like.