Flying Lesson

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE EXPELLED, DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!"

"Sorry sorry I just had to sort out a few things."

"Well got here just in time, class is about to start." Winnie responded pulling Ophelia's arm towards the rest of the class.

"EVERYONE STOP MINGLING AND GO STAND NEXT TO A BROOM." A woman with spiky gray hair and piercing yellow eyes shouts over the talkative children.

The students all begin to scurry towards their brooms.

"Now place your hand straight up above your brooms and say up."

Student after student repeat the phrase attempting to get their brooms off the ground.

Ophelia does the same but unlike the other students is able to get her broom up immediately most likely due to the fact that her father made her learn how to fly at around 8 years old.

"UP! This is dumb I'm never flying ever, time to go home, bye Phelia." Winnie sighs ready to give up.

"Win calm down, just imagine the broom going into your hand and then say it, you got it. Up! See that simple."

"Okay okay I got this, up!" The broom flies into the girls hand.

"HEY HEY I DID IT PHELIA LOOK!"

"Awesome, I say now you try riding it." Ophelia smirked looking at Winnie.

"Oh no no, I'm good for now thank you though. I do not wish for death."

"Oh come on and it'd be fun what's the worst that can happen?"

"Death."

"Severe injury maybe but come on death is highly unlikely." Ophelia stated matter of factly in response.

"ONCE EVERYONE HAS THEIR BROOMS LIFT UP FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS THEN LAND. IF YOU GO ANY HIGHER YOU WILL BE SENT TO DETENTION."

"Oh god."

"You got this Win." Ophelia says already floating on her broom

Winnie was about to lift off when she heard someone freaking out, she looked over and saw Neville struggling, his broom getting higher and higher each passing second.

"NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM YOU GET DOWN THIS INSTANT." Madam Hooch yelled at Neville as if he had any control over his broom.

The broom started going completely out of control, flying all around the grounds, finally stopping once it reached a statue at the top of a roof when Neville's robes got stuck to a statue.

"NEVILLE STAY CALM, I WILL GET YOU DOWN FROM THERE." Hooch grabbed her wand ready to help Neville. Before she could do anything though Neville's robes ripped dropping him down onto the ground with a thud.

Winnie dropped her broom and ran over to where Neville was laying on the ground whimpering in pain, cradling his arm which was bound to be broken. Madam Hooch was trailing behind her to go help him up.

"Oh Merlin, Neville are you ok? That was a very hard fall." Winnie bent down softly touching Neville's arm.

"Oh dear, let's get you to the Hospital Wing. Do you mind helping me dear?" Madam Hooch says helping up Neville.

"Yes of course, come on Neville." Winnie replies gently, placing her arm around Neville's back, trying not to further his pain.

Winnie assists Neville as he limps towards the hospital wing.

Draco snickers as the boy gets further away.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" Ophelia remarks clearly aggravated

"Him, that was absolutely pathetic."

"Oh come on are we going to act like you weren't struggling to get your broom to come to you?"

"Shut up."

"I mean you wanted to laugh i just wanted to make sure what you were laughing at was actually funny, my bad."

"Oh look that idiot dropped something." Goyle says holding a small sphere.

"Oh wow the fat ass can't even remember this, guess i'll have to keep it it'll be safer with me anyway."

"Give it back Malfoy." Harry pipes in charging in Draco's direction.

"Oh come on the bloody loser shouldn't have anything this nice anyway."

"Just give it back." shouts Ophelia.

Draco begins to levitate on his broom, "You want it catch Potter!"

Draco launches the remembrall into the air and Harry immediately launches towards it.

"Jesus Christ." Ophelia mutters amused that the boys are already rivals on the first day.