Chapter 28: A Slap of Reality

"Can't you play without getting yourself injured for once?" Aki huffed in annoyance and worry as she saw her best friend wince in pain and slowly sat on the ground.

The awarding ceremony had just finished and now they were in the process of cooling down by stretching. They were still in the gym that was now almost empty with the exemption of their teammates who were also cooling down. The audience had already went towards the other court to watch the boy's match. While their coach were conversing with Niiyama's.

On the other hand, Haru was so pumped with adrenaline from winning that she didn't notice the constant aching pain on her knee at all. She just started feeling the pain when they had started cooling down.

"I think that dive I did really pushed my knee to be this bad." Haru winced once again as she slowly outstretched her knee. She definitely sprained a joint or a ligament there, that's for sure. "Ow ow ow." Haru wailed as she forcefully straightened her injured knee.

"I think you need to go to the infirmary." Zumi observed as she stretched form her place. "Have it iced or wrapped. Something like that."

"But the boy's game is about to start!" Haru whined with a pout. She cannot miss that game!

"What do you mean about to start?!" Aki laughed, "it started when we were in he awarding ceremony."

"What!?" Haru gasped in horror. She completely missed the beginning of Wakatoshi's game. With a groan, Haru stood with extreme caution, "I'll have this iced and wrapped. Now." The girl uttered with determination as she started to limp and wince towards the exit of the court. The girl's face contorted in pain once in a while whilst she walked

"Oy!" Aki's eyes widened in alarm as she saw her friend force herself to walk. That won't help her knee at all! Aki immediately stood up and went to Haru's side to assist her, Zumi doing the same as well on the other side of their friend.

"Are you stupid or something!?" Aki scolded with a click of her tongue. Aki also flicked the back of Haru's head which the girl frowned at.

"Yeah, Aki's right, are you stupid!?" Zumi agreed and added another scolding towards the girl, "that knee won't heal at all if you continue to pressure it like that."

"But I need to hurry to the game!" Haru complained.

"Tch," Aki clicked her tongue, "don't go complaining when it's your fault your knee is like that!"

"Wow, so now it's my fault that freaking Niiyama decided on targeting me all of a sudden!" Haru said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. Aki returned it with her own eye roll too.

"Oy, both of you stop it." Zumi scolded the two. "The infirmary is just by the corner— Ishiwaka-san!"

Haru and Aki's eyes widened as soon as they saw Hiroshi by the infirmary's door. He had an unimpressed look on his face too.

"Where have you been?" Hiroshi asked his daughter calmly, but his eyes expressed anything but calm. His eyes held annoyance as well as worry too. Hiroshi was slightly annoyed with his daughter since she didn't immediately went to the infirmary after the game considering she was forced to bend on her knees all through out the game. He noticed that she was forced to bend down in order to receive during the game which is not a bad thing but if you had to do it repeatedly then that'll for sure put a strain on the knees.

"What do you mean?" Haru asked as she batted her eyelids innocently. She knew why she was in trouble, and she also knew why his dad was mad too.

"We'll um leave you two to um—" Aki and Zumi stumbled with their words as they hurriedly took their leave since they already sensed that Haru was going to get a serious scolding from her father instead. Aki and Zumi's scolding might not get through Haru's head but her father's would. They went back to their court to assist with arranging their belongings and equipment before they finally went to watch the boy's game.