Ch. 22

*ERIC'S POV*

The next day at school was full of welcoming.

"WELCOME BACK!!!"

Girls screamed from across the hall, peeking out of their class doors. I gave them a wave. Sticking my hands in my pockets, I turned the corner to go to the F4 classroom. I saw Dylan before he even saw me. He approached me immediately.

"You came back early."

He said as he slapped me on the back.

"FIgured I would."

I told him, shrugging.

"Good choice. Why were you there for so long? And why weren't we able to contact you?"

Dylan asked, opening the door to the room. I walked in. I had missed the fresh scent of this room for a few weeks. The leather chairs, the names on each of our own desks, and even the globe that was basically no use in the corner.

"You know why I was there."

I told him, tracing my hand over the leather chair.

"I didn't want anyone to get in touch with me for that time. I couldn't bear to have anybody get in my way."

I told him, now tracing my hand over my engraved name on a gold tag.

"Seriously, with Stacey around? I thought you said you weren't playing with her."

Dylan said, leaning into the door.

"I wasn't. But I never had real feelings for her either. Not enough to wipe out Allie, anyway."

I said, facing him.

"Is she coming back?"

I stayed silent at Dylan's question.

"I asked her to. I told her about Stacey, and of course she told me if she didn't belong in my life anymore she wouldn't bother. I was already planning to end it with Stacey before I met Allie. I told her I would see how things went in the States, then I would contact her."

I told Dylan. Dylan sighed as he closed his eyes.

"Glad things are going well for you, bud, but what about Stacey?"

"She's okay. She's the one who broke up with me first after all. Look, if there's one thing I know best, it's girls. I might've not been around a girl like her, but I've been around enough to know that shes okay."

I reassured him.

"Allie has to come back to the States anyway. She was only studying abroad of some type. She's due back in the states in a few weeks."

I informed him. Dylan sighed once more.

"This isn't my problem. If something becomes big between Allie and Stacey, don't tell me I didn't warn you."

Dylan said as he sat down in his chair across the room.

"Chris won't leave you alone."

Was all he said before he closed his eyes and leaned back into the chair.

*STACEY'S POV*

I was so tired out that I dozed off during chemistry. I know. I'm such a bad student.

"Stacey?"

I bolted right up. The chemistry teacher was looking straight at me.

"You're to report to the F4 study room at once."