Ch. 16

*ERIC'S POV*

Something was bothering Stacey, and I needed to figure out what. I knew people too well to know that she was acting that way because she was tired. It was complete bullshit. The first thing next morning, I headed down to the girls room down the hallway. Before I could even knock, the door opened. Stacey came out. She was startled, and stepped back a bit.

"Oh, it's you."

She sighed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I asked. Something was definitely wrong. Stacey just shook her head and stepped out the door, past me. I grabbed her arm before she could go any further.

"Something's bothering you. Care to tell me what?"

I asked her. She didn't meet my eyes.

"Stacey."

I said in a softer tone.

"Eric, it's really nothing. I think its jetlag."

Stacey wriggled out of my grip. I grabbed her again. She sighed.

"Stacey, tell me. I want this trip to be joyful for you, not full of 'jetlag'."

She glared at me. Was it something I said?

"How can you expect this trip to be joyful? You say this to every other girl you travel with, don't you? You're just taking me and Joanne on this trip just like any other girl you traveled with, not because we're special to you guys or whatsoever. You're simply TOYING WITH US!"

She said, angrily. What the heck was this girl saying?

"Stacey, are you nuts?! I might go on vacations with other girls, but they mean nothing to me! I don't care if they have fun or not! And what's with the whole thing of taking you and Joanne on this trip to play with you two? Do you actually think we're that low to play with you two?"

The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them. 

"Wait, Stacey I didn't-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence. Stacey, fuming, snapped my hand away from her arm. She stormed down the hallway and down the elevator. 

*STACEY'S POV*

I felt tears rising in my eyes as the elevator went down. A tear prickled down my cheek, and I quickly wiped them away. Of course. Eric just took us on this trip for fun. Our relationship wasn't even real. I really don't know when I started caring about him, I just started to. I don't know when I started caring about our relationship. It was my fault for believing that a relationship between me and Eric could be real. The elevator dinged, and the door opened. I quickly exited and ran to the bathroom. Eyes stared at me, but I didn't care. I knew it wasn't a good idea to come here. Why did I even agree to this? I wiped my tears off with a bit of water. Gladly, the bathroom was empty. When I regained myself, I went back up to the hotel room. I wasn't going to join breakfast, but I had no clue where to go if I left this hotel. 

When I reached my hotel room floor, the hallway was empty. Eric wasn't there. I crept down the hallway, trying not to make a sound. I quietly entered my room. Joanne wasn't there. She must've went down to breakfast. I sat down on my bed. I didn't know what I would do. I couldn't face Eric anymore. We weren't leaving Paris for about another week or so. I felt helpless. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. Before I could even have a chance to panic, I saw a strand of blonde hair peeking behind the wall that seperated the door and the room. 

"You alright?"

Chris asked, leaning against the wall as he saw me. 

"Why are you here?"