Ch. 21

*STACEY'S POV*

Chris dragged me out of school immediately once the bell rang. I wasn't looking forward to whatever he had in mind. I didn't bother to ask. I was surprised once we headed out by the gates to a private car.

....And it was a Range Rover.

"Is this your car?"

I asked as we came near it.

"Nah, I have like 5. I get a driver for this car."

He replied as he opened the back seat. Sure enough, there was a driver in the front, sunglasses and tuxedo and all. I never realized something in the movies could come real. Like who the heck actually had their own butlers and security with those black tuxedos and sunglasses? Chris climbed in next to me and closed the door. Without hesitation, the Range Rover started and we slowly headed out of the school. I started to have a bad feeling about this.

Soon, we arrived in front of Verizon.

"Why are we here?"

I asked as he got out of the car.

"To get you a phone, what else?"

He chuckled as he pulled my wrist and helped me out of the car.

"Wait, I don't have money!"

I exclaimed. What was this guy thinking?

"Who said you were buying it?"

He asked, not looking back as he entered the store. I stood outside in awe. Was he serious?

"Chris, I don't need a phone. Honestly. I have no one to contact anyway."

I told him over and over again as he approached the counter.

"Well, there needs to be some way so that I can contact you. And Eric."

He added. I shook my head.

"Yeah, can I have the iPhone 6 please? Oh, what color do you want?"

Chris asked, finally facing me. I crossed my arms.

"I TOLD you, I don't need anything. Just stop. I can buy my own phone later on."

"You're supposed to owe me. That means doing whatever I ask, Which color?"

Chris asked. He wasn't going to give up.

"Silver."

I sighed as I gave in. The woman behind the counter handed us the phone, and Chris proudly handed it to me. He paid the store and we left.

"I don't even know how to use technology."

I muttered under my breath as I examined the iPhone box.

~asdfghjkl~

My family gaped at the iPhone box that was in my hands as I entered the house. I settled down to explain the whole story, just like I did everytime.

"Oh my gosh, so is it Chris now? What about Eric?"

Dad asked. I sighed.

"Eric's still in Paris for some...business. I haven't been able to get in contact with him since."

I told him. Mom sighed.

"Who knew the day would come when our little Stacey would get a boyfriend!"

Dad said. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know Dad. Our relationship doesn't even feel real."

I admitted. The rest of the family stared back at me. I shrugged as I left the living room to get to my room.