Ch. 26

For the first night since forever, I felt like I was going to sleep comfortably. Chris had called his private driver to drive us home and he even came in to greet my parents along with Jonathan, who flipped out. Obviously. I climbed into bed feeling as if I was on clouds. Since when was my bed this comfortable?

As soon as I pulled the covers over me however, I remembered Joanne.

What was I going to do? I felt a pang in my heart. What was I going to tell her? That Chris never loved her but he was just a really good actor? I shut my eyes and tried not to think about it. I wouldn't worry about it until the time came when I had to approach her or she had to approach me. 

Chris walked into school the next day with his school uniform on. Yes, school uniform. Not a suit. Repeat.

It looked as if he forced the other 3 to do it too, because they were uncomfortably picking at their clothes as if they were in something too tight. He caught sight of me and gave me a smile only I could detect. Because of the kids, we couldn't really talk in public, but he told me yesterday to come by the F4 room whenever possible. I still had some questions. 

During my free period, I dropped by the F4 room. Sure enough, Chris was on his Mac doing some work and the rest of the boys were doing their own thing. 

"Oh, uh. Stacey!"

Dylan said, bolting from the couch. 

"Let's go talk outside I really wanted some fresh air!"

He said as he quickly turned me around. 

"Dylan, it's okay. I came here to talk to Chris. I'll explain later, okay?"

I smiled as I gently pushed his hands off of my shoulders. I went back into the room and walked up straight to Chris, who set his Mac down and looked up at me. 

"You guys mind leaving for a sec?"

He asked the boys. Puzzled, they stood up and left the room, closing the door behind them. I sat down on the ottoman across from him. He leaned back and smirked at me. 

"What's the smirk for?"

I asked, staring at him. 

"Nothing. Just thinking of how much you missed me to drop by in 3rd period."

He laughed. I rolled my eyes. 

"What's up with the school uniforms? I thought you were too good for these."

I said, pinching a fragment of the brown clothing of the school uniform. 

"I thought I'd try it. Looking special only for you."

He winked. 

"You give me shivers."

I said, but ended up laughing anyway. My face twisted up when I realized why I was here. Chris saw that my smile faded way too fast and started to look concerned. 

"What are you going to tell Joanne?"

I asked, twisting my hands together. Chris sighed as he closed his eyes, leaning his head back on the couch. 

"How would I know? This whole thing was supposed to be acting anyway. She can't get offended and upset about it."

"Then what was that whole make out session in your room at your birthday celebration?"

Chris bolted upright. 

"You saw that?"

"I went to talk to you but I caught you and Joanne in a full out make out session so I thought better and left."