𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

doppellicious has spoken. here is the epilogue.

•✩•

•✩•

Two years ago, Amari Cirillo had become Amari Morgan. Over the past two years, the couple had been enjoying each other's company as much as they could. They had restored more houses, worked more cases, flew to Greece to visit Amari's family, to Chicago to visit Derek's.

The Morgan's were busy people, but they always made time for each other. Be it lunch in the middle of the day, or a movie night at home, or cooking together or even just making it home at the same time so that they could fall asleep together.

Today was a day like every other day. Both Amari and Derek woke up for work, bright and early. They went for a quick jog before showering and eating then drove to work.

Today was what had grown to become Derek's favorite kind of day.

"Paperwork day!" Amari raced into the office with her husband hot on her heels. "Give me the stacks chief. Don't hold back, it's his turn to cook tonight and I'm scared."

Aaron laughed as he pointed towards the pile of paperwork on both their desks.

"My cooking is amazing, thank you very much." Derek interjected.

Amari nodded and smiled as she patted his chest. "Whatever you say honey."

She sat down at her desk before she finally saw the rest of the team.

"Morning Emily and JJ! How was the couples weekend you could just not shut up about when we left on Friday?" Amari asked with a playful smile.

JJ smiled and a light blush coated her cheeks, "It was amazing."

Emily nodded and took JJ's hand in hers. "You can say that again."

Amari turned to Spencer, who was intently doing his paperwork.

"Spence. How's the wedding planning going?" She asked.

Spencer winced as he looked up at Amari. "It's painful. Neither James nor I know what we want. You really need to help us."

Amari nodded, "In any way I can. Just tell me when and where."

"You, my dear Amari, are a godsend." Spencer sighed in relief as he toyed with the ring James had proposed with almost four months ago.

Derek grinned, "I say that all the time."

Amari smiled at her husband, her look full of love before she started with her paperwork, watching as the rest of the team fell into a happy silence as they too did their work.