Homecoming 3

(after Book 4)

Gobber ran all over the village to find Hiccup. He never knew where to find the chief exactly, making it a peculiarly exhausting trip for him and his old back. He had checked the shed, the Mead Hall, the smithy, the healer hutt but only had found Joke and Elska there, then finally Hoark told him Hiccup was in his workshop.

''Hiccup ! I've been up all night !'' He claimed as he entered the small building. ''It's just a first draft, and I'm gonna be honest... it's brilliant !''

He got interrupted as Toothless suddenly peeked from behind the large workdesk, half of his face painted in green. The black-smith frowned in confusion before leaning on the side to look behind the desk. Hiccup was kneeling there, trying to wipe out the green mess his dragon had obviously done. There was a whole puddle of green paint and a lot of prints from the dragon, who was happily licking his face.

''Huh Hiccup ? What happened ?''

''What could possibly happen when you use dragon nip as paint ?'' The chief growled back. He had paint on his back and hair too.

''Why would ya do that ?'' Gobber argued.

''I didn't ! The twins tricked me ! I knew I shouldn't have asked them for help, they're always pulling pranks, they're worst than Joke himself !''

The blacksmith snickered at that, then Hiccup stood up, pushing Toothless away as the dragon tried to lick his hair.

''Anyway, you talked about a first draft ?''

Gobber beamed at that and showed him the script. Actually, it was not really just a first draft, because the more he was explaining it to Hiccup, the more details he was coming up with and adding to it. By the end of the presentation, the script was actually completely done. Gobber was so enthusiastic he didn't let time for Hiccup to make some review the blacksmith was already dragging him in the village and asking for people to work on the decorations for the pagent.

The following day was busy and, even if Gobber was managing the whole pagent preparations, Hiccup tried to keep an eye on it. When he finally managed to get a hold on the script to read it and check on the modifications, Gobber was already making casting.

''Great news, chief. After exhausting casting, we found our Hiccup !''

''Yeah ? Gobber, actually, I wanted to ask you about the whole Hiccup character in the story, you know-''

''Hiccup ! Present yourself !'' Gobber barked.

The chief looked up to the in-building stage to see the actor coming up, already in costume. Dressed in an oversized long-sleeved green tunic with as oversized fur vest, a pile of reddish sleeves packed on the head, came Tuffnut. He walked with his back straighter than usual but was hanging his arms and turning his feet towards the middle, making him walk awkwarldy.

''Tuffnut ?!'' Hiccup protested.

''Tuffnut, give us a taste !'' Gobber prompted, smiling broadly.

The blond took a breath and opened his eyes to make them look round and oversized, then he took a high-pitched voice that made him sound ridiculous, slightly pinching his nose.

''Heh, a dragon is coming ! Aaaah, help me ! Help... huh... huh... Line ?''

''Me ?'' Gobber said.

''Right. Me !''

''Are you serious ?'' Hiccup tried, before being cut by Gobber.

''Great ! Now let's see you run away and fear !''