oscars ; dylan o'brien [c]

okay let's say death cure was nominated for an oscar

you're wearing that dress ^

dylan x reader

death cure spoilers!

-

"you ready y/n?" kaya asked the girl who was twirling in the mirror. she nodded, the two exchanged a hug before benjamin came in. y/n and ben greeted each other before he snatched kaya from her. y/n had been nominated for best actress and the movie had been nominated for best picture. when y/n found out she was over the moon.

"see you out there!" she smiled.

her secret boyfriend, dylan walked in shortly after, y/n started to fold and started freaking out in the limo.

"you're going to be okay."

she smiled at him before the limo stopped. the two got out, flashing lights immediately met their eyes. they walked inside and made their way through the photo part of the red carpet. dylan held onto her waist and she held onto his.

"hey! y/n can we borrow you for a second?" one of the reporters asked.

she smiled and gave dylan a quick kiss on the cheek, making the media go crazy, as their relationship secret to the media. the two both decided it would be better to keep it private but would probably end up being spilled by one of them.

"so y/n it's so great to finally meet you." the reporter smiled.

"how does it feel to be nominated for best actress?"

"absolutely breathtaking, i mean the other actress in my category are amazing. literally show stopping. so to be put in there with them is such a cool opportunity. i love them all."

"who would you like to thank most?"

"everyone who's been apart of this amazing journey, my fans, my friends and my amazing boyfriend dylan-" as soon as y/n said that the reporter lit up. y/n went red and stated laughing.

"i knew it! i knew it!"

"this is our littler secret!" y/n whisper yelled.

"anyways i'll let you get back to him, thank you so much!" the reporter smiled. y/n thanked her and hugged her quickly. she caught back up to dylan and told him she had let them slip.

"well it was going to happen one day."

y/n smiled at him before they headed to their seats.

"oh my god y/n you just did that!" thomas whispered, they had played love interests in the film so naturally had a sibling bond.

"did what?"

"expose your relationship! it was streaming."

y/n giggled and the awards started. they slowly started going through all the awards until the best picture category came up.

"and the oscar for the best picture goes to," hugh jackman was presenting this award, "the maze runner the death cure!" he yelled into the microphone. everyone cheered and they all headed up, kaya and y/n doing their handshake. dylan and thomas took over the speech, thanking the crew, fans and everyone else in their nomination. they all headed back down, y/n bobbed her leg uncontrollably under the table as her nomination was up.

timothée chalamet was presenting it.

"and finally, y/n y/l/n."

the scene flashed where she acquired the flare and died with newt.

"and the oscar for best actress goes to," timothée opened the card, "y/n y/l/n!" her face dropped, she stood up and hugged dylan, kaya and thomas. she headed up the stairs, hugging timothée, the whole crowd has stood up and started cheering. he handed her the oscar and she turned to the crowd.

"thank you." she whispered to him and he nodded.

"wow, thank you all so much. thank you to the other breathtaking actresses in this nomination. this is unbelievable. i want to thank the whole maze runner cast and crew. i want to thank the amazing fans, you're all amazing and i wouldn't be here without you. and finally i want to thank dylan for being my number one supporter through everything, i love you so much, so thank you. and thank you timothée for presenting this amazing award to me." she smiled and headed back to her seat, grinning like an idiot.

"i told you." dylan whispered and kissed her on the cheek.