Slippery Slope

His cold,violent eyes stare directly into my soul,he takes a machete out of his robe and tells me"I could burn all us right here, right now. I have people around, there's oil at the base of these mountains.Your helpless, your small tribe of soldiers have failed you.They'll roast in that town and I don't care!"
   I radio Gorilla"enter the pond,tell the others to get to a safe place for a fire.Shoot this guy in the leg.Right in the knee,slow him down."A few people came to me, my energy drained from swimming and I was shoved to the ground,tied to a rock.
   The red-headed man takes out a cigarette,lighting it and smoking it.A faint splash as Gorilla gets into the pond and the ginger drops his cigarette, throwing it down the hill  which ignites a blaze.
   A massive roar fills the world, flames lick the bamboo  as I'm coughing up blood.Speaking to a man guarding me "I could get you to America and be free,if you help me get to my friends."The blaze comes up the hill roasting the slaughtered locals.
   Static comes over my radio, I look for something sharp to use as a shiv. A piece of chipped bamboo near my wrist.Moving my body closer to the sliver,I cut myself out of the bonds. A guard turns around and faces me, muttering as he runs towards the pond.
  A few others run, in various directions and I stab one of them in the neck,slitting his throat to drop him right in the fire.The bamboo reeds ablaze as I feel light headed from the smoke as the charred corpses were fused into the ground.
  I gaze into the cold horror of his eyes to understand his madness.His monstrous, callous face as if he were chiseled out of ice.He insists"I'll kill the men in the town! They're burning and if they go their boats, they'll blow up.Either way, few if any of your team will survive.But I don't care."
 He apathetically shrugs his shoulders, then lights a cigarette.I run the other direction,towards the pond and leap in.
   The heavily polluted green water warm yet cluttered with dead or near dead hostile forces.Fish swarm towards a limp rag doll of a man and tear him apart.I pop up into the surface and walk away.