Long Ride To Hell

A few bodies lay around the pond,many burnt and torn as I continue my steady tread towards the village.The blackened ground littered with crates thrown around as the foe tried to extinquish the flames.My communications cut in "Toad here, flames appear to be spreading. I'm taking Grizzly,Kodiak and Gator to the boats.Lone Wolf's ordering Panda,Dolphin and Slitthroat to enter the well.So where are you?"
   I spot Gorilla, on the ground coughing next to a smoldering corpse without a face.Steam still evaropates from the charred remains,I speak into my radio "Do not! I repeat UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE board that vessel, they placed  explosives under them.We need to stand as one, tell Wolf that he should build dirt mounds at the edge of the town.There are most likely hostiles near you, Kodiak should fend them off."
   We walk towards the caves, and hear a loud Snap as well as a loud scream.A crack resonates,
  Gorilla sat up,his fatigue shows on his face.He gets up and we begin our walk towards the village,a voice radiates from my pocket "Chi Beyinh here,we are a few kilometres from the caves, behind a waterfall.He's clean but I don't know how to treat his injuries.We're waiting for you to come and help us."
  I remove the snare around Gorilla's ankle,clean the cuts then help him to his feet. I tell him " Your coming with me, we're gonna help Polar then head over to Lone Wolf."Snap from off in the distance, a bellowing roar and a crack.
   We continue our steady walk towards Polar,an explosion occurs distantly and we don't care for it. Silverback runs out of the cave, a head in his hand.His  Sub-machine gun slung over his back, a bloody  bowie knife as a bayonet, a switch blade locked against his chest.
 An AK-47 in his hands, he shouts " Where's the rest of us?"We walk towards his wild gaze and I tell him "Silverback, cover our rear, we're searching for Polar.We need to get to his location, clear the area of enemy, no time to rest."
  A slick smear of blood in middle of the caves coming from where Silverback ran, the human excrement pungent like a blade cutting to my nose.Gorilla's burnt hand slung over my back as we walk into the caves.
  A corpse lay there, a knife impaled in the chest and we hear rustling, like mice walking across the stone ground.The bloody face of the newcomer, fatigued yet powerful as he wearily gazes into the forest.
We continue our walk, Silverback covering our rear.Into the grotto we walk, towards Polar yet we expect heavy resistance.More indistinct chatter over my radio.I run towards the end of the caves.The graphic scenery of bodies stuck within the mud chilling yet we continue our trek.
A mile into the treacherous tunnels, we stand incapable of seeing most of the corners,the torches.A few bodies lay crumpled like pieces of paper lay against walls, askewed over the area.
A streak of disturbed mud with blood in the middle of the pathway.