SIX

After doing my morning routine, I was sitting on the bed, sketching some more from previous drawings, and looked over at the wall with the hole in it.

I smiled at the thought that Luke was just next door, it's honestly amazing how close we have gotten in the past week, never did I think I would be someone here, but that's when I realized that I didn't really know anything about Luke, just that he sneaks out, plays the guitar and has been here for a long time.

When we talk it's usually always about me, and I am not one of those girls that just likes talking about themselves all day, even though Luke doesn't seem to mind it.

As I was sketching I decided that I would dedicate this outing on getting to know him better, rather than talking about myself.

A short while later I heard a knock on my door, I walked over to it opening it and found Luke standing there with a big smile on his face.

"Hi" he said

"Hey," I said, leaning against the door with a smile on my face. I honestly can't get over how cute he is and how lucky I am in not just to know him but getting him to be in the room next door. These types of things only happen in the movies.

"I hope you are ready, cause I want to spend as much time with you as possible which is why I came early"

"You know, your room is right next door which means that we could talk to each other at anytime"

"Yeah, yeah but I mean out of this place and together and not just talking to each other through a tiny hole in a wall"

I nodded in agreement "Yeah, how did that hole even come to place and why have they not fixed it"

"Ouch"

I looked at him "What what's wrong?"

"You would rather they fix that wall then talk to me"

I chuckled "That's not what I meant"

"Mhmm sure" he took my hand in his "now enough of this chit chat, let's get out of here"

I walked out of the room and into the hallway and into the staircase just like last time chuckling "Who even says chit chat anymore"

"Everyone.."

"Nope just you"

He shook his head chuckling and before I knew it we were outside, and walking to the main sidewalk.

"Where are we going today?"

"I just thought we should walk around a bit, and get some fresh air"

"Yeah that actually sounds perfect"

"Awesome"

We walked on the sidewalk in a comfortable silence, before I decided to start up a conversation

"I haven't heard you play guitar in a while... did they take it away?"

Luke laughed then shook his head "No, I still have it, and I do still play but I'm avoiding playing at night"

"How come?"

"Well, when finding out you can hear me play I don't wanna disturb you while you're sleeping"

"That's sweet, but you're actually really good so it's okay I don't mind, but if you were bad at it then I would definitely tell you to stop"

"How long have you been playing the guitar for?" I asked him.

"Long time" Luke said

I nodded as we walked

"Do you play in front of people or did you just pick it up when getting to the centre"

"I performed at some places, with my best friends Reggie and Alex, we decided to form a band called Sunset Curve"

"We only recorded a couple songs, but I guess life didn't want us to become a band and make it big"

I grabbed his hand "Luke, just because you're in the centre doesn't mean you can't record music anymore, you could sneak out to go see them anytime and do so"

Luke nodded "yeah... right"

"Well, when you guys get famous remember that I was your first ever supporter alright?"

Luke nodded "of course" he said grabbing my hand and kissing it.

I blushed

"Do you talking to Reggie and Alex often since coming to the centre" I asked

"Yeah" he nodded  "I talk to them everyday, even talked to them this morning"

I smiled

"Told them about you too"

I looked at him "really?"

"Yeah, even though they don't know you they grew a liking to you, especially Reggie"

I smiled "that's really sweet of them, would love to meet them sometime"

Luke nodded "that could be arranged"

I smiled and looked at our surrounding to see that we were now at the beach.

Luke and I walked over to the water, looking at the view.

I looked over at Luke "oh by the way one of the workers Emily, I don't know if you know her she's a sweetheart came into my room to give me my breakfast and saw me smiling like crazy, while I was thinking about our time at the carnival and I-"

"What" Luke caught me off

"Huh?" I looked at him confused

"Did you tell her that we snuck out?"

"What, no of course not"

"Did you tell her about me?" Luke asked

I shook my head "not exactly, I told her that I have been talking to someone who lives next door and she was actually really excited for me"

He looked at me and there was something strange about his facial expressions that I couldn't put my finger on it quite yet "don't tell her about me"

"What? Why not?"

"She doesn't like me" Luke said

"What... Luke, Emily is a sweetheart she couldn't hate anyone"

"Bella, just don't tell her about me"

"That's not a good reason, Luke"

"I'm not supposed to be talking to anyone" he said

"but why?"

"It's complicated"

"For me it's the opposite and the workers want me to talk to someone, so if they find out it's you they won't mind it trust me"

"Just don't tell them it's not that hard"

"It's just Emily"

"Especially Emily" Luke said

"Luke.. you're confusing me, why did you suddenly tense up, do you want no one to know that you talk to the girl who supposedly talks to imaginary people"

"It's not that"

"Then what is it"

Luke sighed "we should go back"

"We just got here"

"They'll probably get worried for you, just let's go"

"Fine" I let go of his hand and walked in the direction that we came from with Luke following close behind.

I have no idea what just happened but I was  for sure going to find out about it!

AN:: I decided to add Alex and Reggie into this story and honestly I love it. Should Bella meet them tho? And what's up with Luke why do you think he acted this way??

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!