Chapter 17- Starfall (Part 2)

I plan on switching pov a bit so please be patient

(Izzy)

I felt an emence amount of worrh vanish from my chest at his words. I wasnt the problem. He was just too good for my broken self.

I trailed Az down the stairs, studying his wings as they sway back and forth.

He stepped on the landing striding to his room, I scurry down the hall to my room, the pale blue walls filling the room with bright light.

I walk to my closet on the opposite side of the room, past the bed, and throw the door open wide.

I had been here for a while now, so my closet was well stocked. I had taken to sewing as a hobby so a few of my designs littered the hangers.

I pull a gown of deep blue. I had beaded the bodice to look like Azriels shadows, and the skirts fades to black, very plain but nice nonetheless.

I had stripped to my under garments and aimed to pull the dress on, but my attention was caught on the mirror. I had gained healthy weight that i had never really had. I looked like Fae not a scrawny human.

I beam at my reflection and haul the dress up and try to zip it all the way. I could get it to zip all of  halfway, when az knocks at my door.

"Want me to help you zip it?" His voice muffled by the door.

I stride across the room, fabric flowing behind me, I twist the handle and pull the door open.

"Yes, please." I turn facing my back to him. I pulled my hair out of the way. I had curled it while he was gone, I had been trying to keep my thoughts on anything but him.

I turn to face him after my dress was fully zipped. He had showered, and donned what seemed to be formal Illyrian leathers.

It looked as if he had polished his siphons, the inky blue blindingly shiny. There was not a single shadow to darken his handsome face, as he smiled down at me.

"So handsome" I say smiling right back.

"So stunning," he replied, "Are you ready? Its at the House of Wind so we will have to hurry."

I nod gesturing for him to start up the stairs to the roof.

Before I know it we open the door to a dark purple sky. The sun was far below the horizon, as Azriel gathered me in his arms bridle style.

We shoot into the sky, the ground becoming dark and lifeless plain. No lights were lit and people peer into the sky sitting on their roofs. The people of Velaris dressed in their finest clothes.

The house of wind was dark but one of the largest balconies was full of life and light. We land near the edge of the veranda.

A large feast spread along the wall of rock. Droves of fae milling about eating and snacking on the banquet.

The crowd was buzzing with anticipation, so was I for that matter. Az had still kept his lips sealed about what was to occur tonight.

I spotted two pairs of wings, before Azriel noticed, and grabbed his hand to pull him over to his brothers.

Cassian noticed us first, he turned to nesta said something earning a vulgar gesture in return. He simply laughed it off, and turned back to us.

"Shes just a bit pissy tonight." Cas glanced toward where nesta had stormed off. "Awww Rhysie look at how cuttteeeee" Cas whined.

Rhys gaze shot from feyre to survey Azriel's and my hands still locked together.

"Well look at that they match too" he grined, eyes sparkling. I glance to Azriel's siphons, I guess I had not noticed that they were the same shade of blue as my dress.