Chapter 3 (Azriel)

"Can we please go back and slaughter them?" Cassian wines. They had been tempting their High Lord with alcohol for about an hour now. The rage of what Isabelle had asked was still roaring in his head. Her words screaming at him. She'd been just like him.

My shadows sniffed around her room and reported that there was a magic resistant lock from the outside, a slot in the door for what seemed like food and there weren't any windows despite drapes, that covered false openings.

"No. The only thing that will help her now is safety." Rhys says not falling for Cass's alcohol trick. They almost always try ply their brother in to doing stupid things. Like going back and killing over half of the Court of Nightmares.

"But she was a prisoner. That's got to sway you some how." Cas demands.

"I said no." Rhys pulling rank, this is going to end badly.

"I'm going to check on her. If this ends in a fist fight leave me out of it." I say, vanishing into shadow, Cassian reaching for my arm to keep me here.

Traveling through shadows is like winnowing but softer, colder, more clear. You can see the world as you pass through it.

She's in the garden when I arrive a half second later. Isabelle is dressed in an purple overcoat with silver embroidery. She has on a silver scarf and deep purple gloves.

Walking along, I come with in a few feet of her. She reaches out her hand to touch one of the flowers. "They're beautiful aren't they?" I say. She whirls on me.

"You have got to stop startling me!" She says smacking my arm, playfully but her eyes show true terror before going to a friendlier nature.

"Walk with me?" I ask afraid that she will out right refuse. Knowing how lonely it was to be trapped. Not allowed to see anyone.

Stopping early. I don't own any of Sarah J MAAS's characters or places or names. Thanks for reading!