Chapter Eight: It Wasn't About A Parking Space

Please Comment and ☆← Vote

□□□

Jesse's POV

I stood at the bottom of my staircase and watched my parents scurry around the house in a rush. It's 11am and I think I know what's happening; Even if I'm half awake. "Are you guys leaving already?" I asked, with a yawn afterwards. I followed them to our large living room, as they put the last of theirs things in a suitcase and zipped it up.

"Yes, we just got an important call from our headquarters in Monte Carlo, this morning. We have to leave immediately." my mother explained, as she applied lipstick and looked at herself in the mirror on the wall beside her.

"But, you guys just got here a few days ago! I barely even seen you guys at all!" I complained.

"Son, we've discussed this before, our jobs are very important. We have to work, if you want a good life. I've explained this multiple times." my dad answered, tightening his tie.

I stood up from the couch. "What about Izzy? You're just going to leave her after what happened! You're just going to leave without saying goodbye!" I cried, "You're own daughter needs you right now, and you're just going to walk away like that." I said, in a calmer tone.

"Hey!" my mom raised her voice, "That's not fair, you know better! Besides, we're going to drop by and check on Izzy for a few minutes."

I rolled my eyes when she turned around. "Not fair my ass." I whispered.

My dad crooked his neck. "What was that?"

I immediately straightened my posture. "I-I said, do you want help with these bags?" I lied.

My dad lifted up his suitcase and dropped it in my hand. "Thanks, son."

He picked up his briefcase and jacket and headed for the garage."I'm going to start the car. Jesse help your mother with her bag too."

I scuffed under my breath and lifted her bag up. "How long are you guys going to be gone this time?"

My mom grabbed her purse and jacket, then faced me. "Not sure, could be a while." she shrugged, then walked off to the garage. I followed her, but at a very slow rate. These bags were just so heavy, especially her's!

I turned the hall corner and saw my mom walk out. I waddled faster, but the garage door slammed in my face. "Thanks!" I sarcastically yelled to the shut door. I set my dad's bag down and opened the door.

I got out and walked barefoot to my dad's midnight blue Corvette. "Open the trunk." I yelled and placed them in as soon as it automatically rose up.

I shut the trunk with a huff and trudged up the drive way to meet my dad at the window. "Bye, guys."

My mom slightly waved not even responding, as she typed away at her phone.

Good to know where I stand on her priority list.

"Bye, son." my dad said. I was about to lean down for a hug through the window, but he already started to drive forward. I slowly turned with my head hanging low and walk back to the house.

"Jess!"

I wiped my head around and met my dad's eyes. "Yes."

"I almost forgot, you're going to be staying with your aunt. You're mother thinks your going to have another house party again. So, pack your things, and head over there before nightfall."

"Okay." I nodded. He drove around our circular drive way and sped out the gate. I turned around and headed back inside.

□□□