Chapter Three: The Angel Who Saved Me

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER DEALS WITH SUICIDE.

Music: Skyscraper-By:Demi lovato →

(MUSIC ONLY WORKS FOR SOME PEOPLE. Follow the arrow to the speaker icon on the right, along the edge.OR, If there is a comment bubble click that and you'll find it)

Please comment and ☆ ← vote! :)

□□□

Maryam's POV

"Bye, Mama." I said, kissing her on the cheek and exiting the car.

"Bye, habibti." she replied.

I shut the door, and she hurried back to the hospital. I walked up our stoned path and banged the door. I waited for about 10 seconds and no one answered.

"Open the door! I don't have the key!" I yelled and banged harder.

Still no answer...

Mama said Karim and Deen were home. So, they must be pulling some trick on me.

"Karim! Deen! Open up!" I yelled again. I set my bag down and used both hands to bang the door this time. My hand started to turn red, and I stopped to take a break.

I caught something moving in the corner of my eyes and saw Karim's head pop out in the window, by the door. I walked over to him and tapped the glass.

"Reemy, open the door please!" I begged.

"Identify yourself!"

"Karim it's me!"

"Identify yourself!"

"KARIM YOU CAN SEE ME THROUGH THE GLASS!"

"Identify yourself!"

Allah, please avert me from strangling this kid!

I sighed and slapped my forehead. "Maryam Abdul." I mumbled, miserably.

He shook his head." I can't open the door, General's orders!" Then he disappeared almost as quick as he came.

Wait a minute! Did he just say General's orders?

Oh, great! Deen and Karim are playing their stupid Army game again! So, the game goes like this. Karim and Deen are at war. They have to protect their territory (the house) from the enemy (me). But, that's is how Karim sees the game.

In reality, Deen tells karim to make sure I don't come in the house just to piss me off. While he is in his room playing video games. I never panic when this happens, because I always know how to make Karim open the door.

He is a sucker for sweets!

"Reemy!" I called and tapped the window.

The curtains moved to reveal his cute face."Ma'am, please call me, G.I.Karim!"

I rolled my eyes,"G.I.Karim, if you open the door, I'll give you my special ice cream sundae, with all-"

He immediately disappeared from the window and appeared right in front of me. "You had me at Ice cweem!" he cheered and dragged me to the kitchen. When Karim gets excited or really sad. He starts to talk like he's 3 years old again. He released my hand and hopped on one of the chairs at the counter. I set my bag down and washed my hands.

"So, how do you want you sundae today, sir?" I asked, as I got the ingredients out.

"Like last time!" he answered, with a large smile and I got to work.

□□□

After 10 minutes of hard work. Karim and I were in the presence of a masterpiece.