Chapter 20: It Isn't A One-Sided Love

After you finish reading...PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE!

I REVEAL THE WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND THE SECRETS. ALSO I WANT TO GET YOU GUYS INTO A NEW FANDOM SO DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE UNTIL YOU READ EVERYTHING I WROTE!!!!

□□□

Jesse's POV

As soon as I drove off and her house was out of sight, I parked on the side of the rode and punched the dashboard of my car. "You idiot!" I yelled at myself.

I was mad at myself for telling Maryam that I couldn't take her to see my sister. I don't know what came over me! I just flat out lied about going on a date. Ronda and I are having some troubles anyways and I used her as an excuse to escape from Maryam.

Ugh, and the look on her face when I said it just made me feel even worse. The way the smile on her face disappeared when I said no and mentioned the date with Ronda.

Why, did I have to mention Ronda? It just made things worst!

I couldn't help myself.

I just can't!

I'm falling for Maryam and I'm scared.

□□□

Maryam's POV

When I told Nadia the truth, she reacted in the opposite way I expected her to act. She didn't laugh at me. She didn't give me a disappointing look. She didn't look angry at me...

She kept quiet and just wrapped her arms around me - because, she understands the position I'm in and how uneasy it made me feel.

But, that all happened a few weeks ago.

□□□

"You can't avoid Jesse forever." Katie scolded me, as she sipped her chocolate milk. It was just Katie, Nadia, and I at the lunch table. Katie shooed off Mark, so we could have our girl talk in private.

I sighed and rested my cheek on my left hand. "I know."

After I confessed to Nadia and finally realized how I truly felt about Jesse, I've been avoided him in the most discreet way possible. I'd end our tutor sessions and told that he didn't need my help anymore, I decline his offers of rides to school, and I stopped texting him as often.

"He's starting to get suspicious. He keeps on asking me about you and I just tell him you are having one of your weird phases, and just need time to yourself." Nadia explained.

I leaned on her shoulder. "Thanks for buying me some time." I muttered. The bell rang and we went off to class.

It's not that I hate Jesse. It's just that I'm afraid. I know that there is no way in hell that he feels the same way and there is no point in getting myself hurt.

I'm a middle class, and he's rich.

I just another girl in school, he's the most beloved boy in school.

Worst of all...

I'm Muslim, and he's Christian.

□□□

Jesse's POV

She is right in front of you! Just tap her shoulder!

Do it. Just Do it!

My hand carefully reached for her shoulder and I tapped it. Her head turned, revealing a beautiful face that I've missed seeing for the past few weeks. But, an annoyed look was in place of her amazing smile.

"Jesse, not now! Mr.Hassan is talking and I don't want you to get me in trouble again!" she hissed and turned right back around.

I slowly placed my arm down and crossed my arms. I know that she meant well, but I felt really hurt. Usually, she didn't care if Mr.Hassan was talking ; We'd whispered in class all the time, but now things are different.

She stopped tutoring me since we're almost finished with school. I'm pretty much ready to pass and graduate, because she has taught me so well. Her being distant with me isn't completely a bad thing, since I'm afraid of my feelings for her.

But...

I just miss her.

□□□

☆☆☆ PLEASE READ ALL☆☆☆

Hey guys this is a short chapter, but it's just a sneek peak of what is to come!

(Updates: - Explanation of not updating and the contest winner is on my profile.)

NOW PREPARE TO BE INTRODUCED TO A NEW FANDOM (unless you're already in it!) I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS GIVE IT A CHANCE...you don't have to love it but please at least read this whole thing and give it a chance

I recently got in K-pop qnd I'm now in love with a group call BTS

NOW WAIT!!!!!! DON'T RUN AWAY!

... I use to think K-pop was kind of weird (no offense meant) But, now I completely understand why people enjoy it so much. Honestly it really great and tbh you dont have to understnad word for word to enjoy it. I really want to share this experience with you so PLEASE FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS BELOW!!!! PLEASE YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!! I PROMISE YOU'LL THANK ME LATER!

1.) READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY

2.) Watch the video above. It's video of BTS (Bangtan boys) This is one of their dance practice videos and they are just being silly here. I want to show you how adorable and dorky they are and turst me you will fall in love with them!!!!

3.) If the first video wasn't enough to convince you...Search "BTS Dope Music video" on YouTube and you can see them being serious and awesome. btw (they have one of the most impressive choreography in all of K-pop)

4.) When you finished watching that videos! Please come back here and comment your first impression of them and if your interested in joining the fandom, I'll help you out with everything.... ALSO IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT COME COMMET WHY.

5.) Comment here :-)→

(BTW IF YOUR ALREADY A FAN OF BTS HELP OUT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED AND ANSWRR THEIR QUESTIONS)

~Thank you so much!!! ♡

P.S. if your already a fan and you were wondering (Jungkook and Rap Monster are my bias) and V, Jimin and J-hope will forever be my bias ruiners XD