dinnertime

Error's P.O.V

The smell of food had woken me up and my brother must of smelled the same thing as I heard him move about getting dressed. Suddenly a unfamiliar feeling had surfaced and I felt my soul beat a bit faster. Is this what feeling safe felt like? My brother is back and Ink is letting me stay despite barely knowing me except during school hours. I'm so used to being a side though or a punching bag for my so called 'family' that having any happiness was short lived and crushed quickly after it surfaced with harsh words, insults and beatings..

I quickly pushed those thoughts down because I can't be having a train of thought like this. 'they' can't hurt me for now. With that I leave the room all dressed and went downstairs with my brother. When we entered the kitchen a mini buffet was waiting. There was chicken, mashed potatoes with and without gravy, steamed veggies, mac and cheese, desserts and dips. All the food smelled amazing and I quickly reliezed I was drooling a bit and wiped it away. Ink and my brother let me choose first and after I got mine they grabbed theirs.

Ink's P.O.V:

Seeing Error's eyes light up and drool slightly made me happy but  also sad. How long had he been deprived of food like this? Judging by his reaction it had been several years or maybe he's never tasted it before. He may be reacting from the smell alone. It did smell amazing. Error's brother looked like he was thinking the same thing but his whole body reflected his sadness and I could see the start of tears surface in his eyes but, when error asked why his brother's eyes were watering he pushed it off saying that he was still waking up and that it was common for it to happen.

Error simply nodded and sat down with his food after saying "thank you" to me and ate while keeping his face out of view of the other two and seemed on alert the entire time. Me and E!papyrus stayed in the kitchen to keep Error from feeling watched and after everyone was done I worked on the dishes and e!papyrus put the leftovers away. Error cleaned the living room and then proceeded to organize things into categories with precision. The whole house was done within a hour and was somehow sparkling and Error seems to feel accomplished afterwards as he had a genuine smile on his face.

I realized Seeing him smile made him look older than he was and my crush resurfaced and the pink vial glowed and without knowing it E!papyrus was nearby seeing the interaction and smiled. in E!Papyrus's mind he imagined his brother and ink together as a dating couple and relized just thinking about it made him happy. my brother deserves happiness and I think Ink is the best choice, lets hope things work out.