Awakened

Error's P.O.V
When I finally woke up, my head hurt like crazy and where I was seemed far too bright. When I went to get up I felt someone gently keep me in the bed but, the voice that followed sent me into a small panic. The voice belonged to Ink but, he was crying?.. Why would Ink cry? He barely knows me and yet here he is crying for me. What happened while I was out and why is everything white? I could hear Ink run off and the next thing I know another male voice asks me how I was feeling which I responded with "miserable, my head hurts and its too bright in here.."

The Male responded with "Makes sense, you had heavy damage to your head so you may have a concussion and several bones are in the process of healing although some are prosthetic. the damage to the original broken ones were too great.." "We saved the ones we could but, figured I should let you know. I would advise not moving too much at first either. Your companion came just in time if he hadn't of done what he did let's just say your very lucky. I will give more details later but, for now want anything?"

I responded "Just some water please" The doctor nodded and went to ask a nurse to bring a pitcher of water to my room and got the affirmative then who I ssumed was Ink returned to help prop me up carefully. I could vaguely make out ink's face and was surprised to see the paint that seems to cling to him was gone. I could also vaguely make out that he was on crutches for stability.

After that Ink shut the blinds a bit and after blinked a couple times the fog started to clear as everything came into focus. With that I confirmed I had a concussion as I had dealt with them due to my past and knew I wasn't suffering amnesia. I remembered every detail from that day except what my family screamed about just before as they had punched me almost instantly dazing me and making it so I couldn't focus.

In hindsight I felt like I did deserve it as words stood out like a sore thumb. In my head the words "Worthless, dumbass, cretin and why don't you just die?" were all circling around and was giving me a major migraine so I tried thinking of happy moments and realized I had none. My whole life except the baby years up to five years old were all filled with beatings, harsh words and wishes of me being dead.

All 'good' memories ended with the family going to bed very early and leaving me free to get cleaned and bandaged up from the day before. In a abusive household you grow up fast.. It may seem selfish but maybe I can live with Ink or my big brother who had moved a while back. He tried taking me with him but, was told no. He still sent letters which I quickly grabbed before they were tossed as they contained money and were always directed to me.

Same went with birthday and giftmas cards. I opened a portal in front of Ink as he also used them so neither of us got scared and pulled out a massive box full of cards but kept the saved money hidden in a compartment only accessible to me. I showed Ink them carefully. He looked shocked at the sheer amount as well as how orginized they were. Each was in a ziplock bag to keep them in mint condition as my big brother was the most important person to me. Some of my other belongings were in the portal as well so I had some things without blood on them too. After a bit I put the card box back through the portal and closed it up. Ink looked to me as if wanting to ask something but seemed scared to. I will drop the matter for now as im getting tired again and with that I let Ink know I would take a nap and after getting the affirmative from Ink I layed down.