Meet Me Inside

I'm just gonna start where we left off, no funny one liner.

—————————-———————————————————————————————————————

After John punched Lee, the world seemed to revolve in slow motion. As Lee fell to the ground, John could feel his heart pumping like a drum, and his head filling with thoughts of how he would pay for this.

 His father was already mad at him for refusing to go to England Middle, and his mother died last year after having his little sister Mary.  If his father found out he punched another kid in the school his father didn't even want him to go to, his father would send him to England Middle for sure. Henry Laurens was a good superintendent, but not a great father.

Before you could say knife, time sped up again with a thud  as Lee hit the ground.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

"HOLY STHIT" Alex said, running up to where Lee was laying and John was standing.

"JOHN WHAT THE HELL" Aaron screamed, trying to wake Lee back up.

John felt he couldn't physically answer. Just as he was about to apologize to Aaron and try to help Lee, George Washington came running over to scold all the boys. What really surprised them were the two people running next to him.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Peggy and Laff (y'all knew it was coming) ran beside Washington to yell at the boys. 

When Laurens was threatening Lee in the hallway earlier that day, he didn't notice Peggy turning the corner to go to French class. She heard everything. The threat, the time, the place, and the slurs Lee spewed toward Alex. While she believed John should be mad, she knew she had to tell Washington. Laff had made a full recovery the day before, so she roped him in too. 

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS HOLY HAVE YOU BOYS DONE!" Washington screamed 

"PEGGY YOU STHNITCH!" Alex yelled at Peggy, face flushed from the chaos

"Hey it'z not her fault zou two decided to get into a fight and punch zomeone zo hard zey become unconscious!"

John started stammering out of low key fear. "but I wanted to do it but I wanted to do it but I wanted to do it" Peggy gave him the scariest glare anyone had ever seen. "AH DONT GET MAD AT ME" John shouted out.

"ALEX GET INTO MY OFFICE, NOW!" Washington boomed over all the commotion.

"Ah sthit."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Son," Washington started.

"not really" Alex mumbled under his breath

Washington ignored that and continued. "Today I am not only disappointed as your teacher but as your father as well. Don't even get me started about how disappointed I am in you as your coach!" 

"Lee said horrible things about me and you. In my eyes, John and I did nothing wrong!" Alex responded.

"ALEXANDER OLIVER HAMILTON-WASHINGTON, WE CANNOT BE STARTING FIGHTS WITH OUR ALLIES A MONTH AWAY FROM THE BIG GAME THAT DETERMINES THE FUTURE OF THE FUNDING AT OUR SCHOOL!" 

"IS THAT ALL THAT MATTERS TO YOU!? A STUPID GAME AND SOME STUPID MONEY!? I WAS DEFENDING BOTH OF OUR REPUTATIONS PLUS I WAS STOPPING A BULLY FROM TERRORIZING OUR SCHOOL!"

"AND IN THE PROCESS YOU HAVE RUINED OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR BIGGEST DONOR, LEE'S PARENTS! YOU ALSO COULD HAVE RUINED JOHN'S CHANCES OF GETTING INTO A GOOD COLLEGE BECAUSE THIS WILL BE ON HIS PERSONAL RECORD!"

"DONT YOU BRING JOHN INTO THIS!"

"SON," 

"I AM NOT YOUR GODDAMN SON! YOU ARE NOT MY REAL DAD!"

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

You could cut the silence with a knife. 

"I think you should stay at Eliza's for a while. Don't come back until you are ready to apologize. You are off the team until then."

Alex nodded and as he walked towards the door, he said "Just don't let Laurens get hurt for this. He didn't do anything wrong, he was just defending me and doing what I couldn't do."

Alex left Washington's office, half in tears.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

 Washington sat at his desk and opened his email. Right at the top was an email from Eliza, Marked read

"Dear Mr. Washington,

           My parents have gotten me a little golden retriever puppy who I named Philip and I've decided I could be a surprise for Alex and we could take care of it together. Remember it is a surprise, so don't tell him! Shhhhhhh! Haha!

                                                   Your friend and student,

                                                                                                      Elizabeth Schuyler.