Non Stop

Jesus this chapter is gonna take a while but here we go. So for Angelica and her boyfriend, I am going to make it more historical, for the DRAMA.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

First day of 8th grade, and things had changed!

The first thing being, Alex got his braces off!

Somehow, despite all his friends leaving, Alex became so popular he had more friends than he could ever dream of.

He and Burr joined the debate club very early in the year and Alex was crushing it. Every topic he knocked out of the park with a hint of showmanship.

However, with showmanship came assholeship. He would constantly not let Burr speak, or blurt out when he was speaking. John was Alex's moral compass, so when he left, all hell went loose.

Then, when he was chosen for the school board convention, oh god. He had been squealing about it for days after Washington picked him to be his secretary for it. And when he actually got to the convention, he would not stop talking.

He tries to propose a new way of teaching. As an 8th grader. Idiocy mixed with genius radiated off of him. Let's just say the school board was not very impressed.

And for the love of god he would not stop writing! It was all he did all day, unless he was arguing with someone on the internet.

(just realized this part of the chapter just sounds like burr ranting about hamilton to Theodosia lol)

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

One very strange day, Alex showed up at Burr's door at 11:00 pm to talk.

"Alex, why are you here? It's super late."

"Can we talk about something?" Alex asked

"I guess, what's up?"

"You're better than me at debate club."

"Go on." Burr said proudly

"You are persuasive, you are calm, you are quiet, you are smart. I need you to help me back this topic."

"What is it?"

"....the sports funding papers.."

"Nope, nice try!" Burr rebuffed.

"Come on man! We will write essays defending the funding in the school paper!"

"Nobody will care." Burr said arguably

"Yes they will!"

"We both saw the funding papers, it is a mess."

"Yeah it needs some changes but so does our school! Will you please help me?"

Burr stood there for a second, thinking about it.

"No, Alex. Not all of us are popular like you, we can't just bounce back after humiliation."

"Fine, see you at school, pussy." Alex replied

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Later that week, Alex was spending time with Angelica, without Eliza.  Angelica clearly wanted to tell him something, but was scared.

"Angie, you know you can tell me anything." Alex comforted her, seeing her withdrawal from telling him.